  • Computers
  • Printers
  • Windows XP
June 16, 2004 2:16:45 PM

I have 2 Windows XP computers with the same problems.
Both have XP Pro installed.They are hooked up to a
network. Both computers have HP 812C printers hooked to
them (different printers) and also have a Xerox printer
as a network printer.

My problem is that when you go into printer & faxes it
does not show any printers. One one of the Computers I
have reinstalled windows and the icons show back up for a
few days and then they are gone again.

Also I cannot print from outlook express or the internet
by pressing the print button at the top of the page. It
gives me the following error message: "An error occurred
during this operation"

I can print by going to the file button at the top left
and then print.

I want to be able to delete the printers and reinstall
them.

Please help as I am pulling my hair out over this problem.

More about : printer icons

June 16, 2004 7:45:49 PM

Pat,

I also have the very same problem. I believe this has been
caused by an Windows Update although I attempted to return
to a previous state and have not been able to cure the
problem. Rebooting at times will bring back the ICONs and
I can print but eventually they will go away.

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 10:28:20 PM

The usual reason for these kinds of issue is bad printer drivers. See
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

!