print from user group problem

Tags:
  • Twain
  • Windows XP
June 16, 2004 7:56:04 PM

I`m sure theres a simple answer to this...Twain driver in
Win XP wont start for a restricted user (users group) -
when trying to start it from an application, I'm told
that the scanner cant be found, might be unplugged
etc...scanner is a Canon MPC190. Admin users work fine.
I've set permissions on canon folders, twain.dll,
twain_32.dll and windows/twain_32 folder (cant remember
if that is correct name) to read, write & execute for the
users group (and propagated them to child objects). Have
I missed something here? Any thoughts would be fantastic.

More about : print user group problem

Anonymous
June 16, 2004 10:23:26 PM

You might have a better result by posting this problem on the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware newsgroup.

However, you may find that the (free) filemon and regmon tools from Syterm
Internals (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml) help you to
track down what the issue is.

--
Bruce Sanderson MVP

It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

!