print from user group problem

I`m sure theres a simple answer to this...Twain driver in
Win XP wont start for a restricted user (users group) -
when trying to start it from an application, I'm told
that the scanner cant be found, might be unplugged
etc...scanner is a Canon MPC190. Admin users work fine.
I've set permissions on canon folders, twain.dll,
twain_32.dll and windows/twain_32 folder (cant remember
if that is correct name) to read, write & execute for the
users group (and propagated them to child objects). Have
I missed something here? Any thoughts would be fantastic.
1 answer Last reply
More about print user group problem

    You might have a better result by posting this problem on the
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware newsgroup.

    However, you may find that the (free) filemon and regmon tools from Syterm
    Internals (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/utilities.shtml) help you to
    track down what the issue is.

    --
    Bruce Sanderson MVP

    It's perfectly useless to know the right answer to the wrong question.

    "ese" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I`m sure theres a simple answer to this...Twain driver in
    > Win XP wont start for a restricted user (users group) -
    > when trying to start it from an application, I'm told
    > that the scanner cant be found, might be unplugged
    > etc...scanner is a Canon MPC190. Admin users work fine.
    > I've set permissions on canon folders, twain.dll,
    > twain_32.dll and windows/twain_32 folder (cant remember
    > if that is correct name) to read, write & execute for the
    > users group (and propagated them to child objects). Have
    > I missed something here? Any thoughts would be fantastic.

Twain Windows XP