Fax Software

rain

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm confused about the Windows Faxing capabilities... I have a laser printer and a thermal fax. I would like to use my fax machine for sending only, and receive faxes to my computer to print on the laser printer. Is this possible? I have installed the fax option, but it seems to continually refer to connecting a fax device. With WinFax or similar fax software, a fax machine is not necessary... Can anyone help me out?

Fax device, in this case, refers to an analog fax modem. You will need one
of these in order to use the Fax service supplied with Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306550
HOW TO: Enable and Configure the Fax Service in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306657
HOW TO: Send a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306661
HOW TO: Fax a Document from a Windows Program in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306662
HOW TO: Receive a Fax in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306663
HOW TO: Fax a Scanned Document or Image in Windows XP
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
Windows XP Fax

Hal
--