Will the computer I'm building run Diablo well?

NYC2014

Honorable
May 10, 2012
My current setup:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4.
Motherboard: Not sure what brand, but it came with the Pentium 4 so it's definitely old as dirt.
RAM: 3 gigs.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+.
PSU: 700w Raidmax RX-700.
HDD: 150 gigs. I'm not sure how to check what type.
Case: Dell Dimension 4700
Monitor: 19" Acer (1440x900 resolution LCD).

What I was thinking about buying/ending up with:

CPU: Buy an i5-3570k
Motherboard: Buy an ASRock Z77 Extreme4
RAM: Buy Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 4 gig sticks) (240 pin, DDR3).
GPU: Keep the 9800, -maybe- buy another on eBay for like $40 and SLI.
PSU: Keep the Raidmax.
HDD: Keep the same?
Case: No idea how to tell if it's big enough, or if I need a cooler/fan (I don't plan to overclock).

I want a computer that will handle D3 on medium settings with no FPS issues, maybe running Grooveshark/Pandora/iTunes in the background. I'd also like the possibility of later buying another monitor for dual screens. I have like $800 to spend but it's looking like I won't have to spend anywhere near there. I (obviously) don't want to spend any more than I have to - what I was thinking about doing would run me around $400 - (235 for CPU, 130 for mobo, 50 for RAM - this is assuming it fits in the case I have).

I appreciate the help. Let me know what you think.

guess I have to hunt for the multiple threads you start around the forum :D

there's no point getting an unlocked CPU if you're not going to overclock it, same for the motherboard. But whatever man, it's your money.

Your card should do you well for that game,

see here: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/diablo-iii-performance-benchmark,3195-5.html
looking at 1680x1050 (you will be running lower resolution, so performance will be better) you card is between 6770 and 6670 (ref). So you should run great even on high details.

if you plan to get another monitor or get higher res monitor, you might have to upgrade your GPU (don't have time to check if your gpu supports multiple monitors atm)