shared printer

We have a printer connected via USB that was needed to be
shared. I turned on sharing and everybody that needed to
could print to it. The printer soon developed a hardware
problem and it was shipped back to the manuf. A new unit
arrived and was hooked up. However now nobody but the
computer connect up to it can use it.

What I've done so far:
-Network connectivity has checked out as being OK
-I've unplugged and re-plugged the USB connections to
make sure nothing was wrong with these.
-re-installed the drivers

We you check the properties of the print on computers
that were once able to print to it, you get the
error "Printer properties cannot be displayed. The print
spooler service is not running."

The service is running on the host computer, but I've
tried to restart it manually. The error message still
comes up.

Upon another tech forum suggestion I tried deleting
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\services\spool
er DEPENDSonservice value. This didn't solve the
problem either.

If some has any other suggestions or have had this
problem, I would appreicate any of your thoughts.
3 answers Last reply
More about shared printer

    Completely uninstall the new unit and reinstall it.

    What make and model printer are you referring to?
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We have a printer connected via USB that was needed to be
    > shared. I turned on sharing and everybody that needed to
    > could print to it. The printer soon developed a hardware
    > problem and it was shipped back to the manuf. A new unit
    > arrived and was hooked up. However now nobody but the
    > computer connect up to it can use it.
    >
    > What I've done so far:
    > -Network connectivity has checked out as being OK
    > -I've unplugged and re-plugged the USB connections to
    > make sure nothing was wrong with these.
    > -re-installed the drivers
    >
    > We you check the properties of the print on computers
    > that were once able to print to it, you get the
    > error "Printer properties cannot be displayed. The print
    > spooler service is not running."
    >
    > The service is running on the host computer, but I've
    > tried to restart it manually. The error message still
    > comes up.
    >
    > Upon another tech forum suggestion I tried deleting
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\currentcontrolset\services\spool
    > er DEPENDSonservice value. This didn't solve the
    > problem either.
    >
    > If some has any other suggestions or have had this
    > problem, I would appreicate any of your thoughts.

    The printer is an HP DeskJet 3550

    I've tried the complete uninstall and then re-install
    also I've resetup sharing.

    When I go to another computer to add it to the list and
    try to browse during the add printer wizard it doesn't
    find any printers on that computer.

    I previously posted the model of the printer HP Deskjet
    3550

Shared Printer Printers Windows XP