LPT- HP2000C problems with win XP Pro

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows XP
June 17, 2004 2:31:08 PM

I have set the lpt port in the bios to EPP.
I have uninstalled/reinstalled the LPT port in the windows(using device manager).

I uninstalled/re-installed the Win 2000 drivers (because there are no XP drivers).
I have uninstalled the printer and let XP install its version of drivers.

I still cannot print. When I set the bios setting to ECP, i can print 1 document correctly, then everything queue's up in the print queue.

I have looked for support from HP, no luck!
Any help anyone could give me would be great.

thanks.

More about : lpt hp2000c problems win pro

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 18, 2004 12:48:02 AM

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&cc=us...
Jody this site fixed my problems. Also make sure when you go to the device manager and click on lpt 1 properties. that your settings tab (port settings)
have all choices unchecked but the last two. Only enable:"USE ANY INTERRUPT
ASSIGNED TO PORT and the last;ENABLE LEGACY PLUG AND PLAY.." Now about the pile up (spooling) of pages to be printed..under control panel, printers, right click...properties...and go to the last tab: ADVANCED select "PRINT directly to printer (NO SPOOL) It is the last option on the advanced page. XP does have it's own drivers..you have to turn computer and printer off...then first turn on printer.
then, boot up you xp and it does the driver signing." HP all-in one" is what I ended up downloading from the HP website I am new at this too Pfabionar@yahoo.com

!