Failure to enter standby

Ely

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004

When my computer attempts to enter standby, I get the following message: "The device driver for the 'HSP56 Micromodem' device is preventing the machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."

What do I do?

I have tried to find out how to turn off the modem but have not been able to. Every time the phone rings, I get a message that the phone is ringing.

Have you checked for updated drivers at the modem manufacturer's website?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Ely" <Ely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When my computer attempts to enter standby, I get the following message:
> "The device driver for the 'HSP56 Micromodem' device is preventing the
> machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try
> again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."
>
> What do I do?
>
> I have tried to find out how to turn off the modem but have not been able
> to. Every time the phone rings, I get a message that the phone is
> ringing.

Ely

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2004

I checked http://www.driverscollection.com/?file_id=12977 and found two drivers. I did not know how to proceed. This looked like a driver and not an update. Any suggestions?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you checked for updated drivers at the modem manufacturer's website?
> --
> Cari
> MS-MVP Windows Technologies - Printing/Imaging/Hardware
> www.coribright.com
>
> "Ely" <Ely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When my computer attempts to enter standby, I get the following message:
> > "The device driver for the 'HSP56 Micromodem' device is preventing the
> > machine from entering standby. Please close all applications and try
> > again. If the problem persists, you may need to update this driver."
> >
> > What do I do?
> >
> > I have tried to find out how to turn off the modem but have not been able
> > to. Every time the phone rings, I get a message that the phone is
> > ringing.

A newer driver than what you have will be an UPDATE, hince what Cari said,
"updated drivers".

DID you try the manufacturer OF the modems web site like Cari suggested????

Check the version number of your driver and compare.