MSDOS Printing in XP

Believe it or not, I need to print from a DOS application
to a printer that was installed automatically by XP Pro.
How do I tell it to allow printing from a MSDOS
application now that the printer is installed?????
2 answers Last reply
More about msdos printing

    See Bruce Sanderson's article at
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
    www.coribright.com

    "Ken Roberts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Believe it or not, I need to print from a DOS application
    > to a printer that was installed automatically by XP Pro.
    > How do I tell it to allow printing from a MSDOS
    > application now that the printer is installed?????

    I have same problem (I think) (below is my post from same
    day). The response I got was maybe my printer was
    a "Windows only" printer and to try a 3rd. party program
    called Printfil. Don't see why I should have to do
    this.
    I am just copying a prn file to lpt1 or using Edit
    program
    from command prompt to print a file.. Not a network
    printer, just lpt1. Not every XP computer does this.

    My post:
    I have a client who uses an old DOS application which
    doesn't print, nothing happens, no error, it just doesn't
    print. So I tried printing a Wordpad document to a file
    and copying it to the printer, nothing. Tried going to
    the command prompt and using "edit" to create and print a
    text file, nothing.

    Any ideas ??

    Hardware)

    wrote in message
    >> Believe it or not, I need to print from a DOS
    application
    >> to a printer that was installed automatically by XP
    Pro.
    >> How do I tell it to allow printing from a MSDOS
    >> application now that the printer is installed?????
    >

    >.

Windows XP MS-DOS Printers