MSDOS Printing in XP

Believe it or not, I need to print from a DOS application
to a printer that was installed automatically by XP Pro.
How do I tell it to allow printing from a MSDOS
application now that the printer is installed?????

See Bruce Sanderson's article at
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/printfromdos.htm
www.coribright.com

"Ken Roberts" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Believe it or not, I need to print from a DOS application
> to a printer that was installed automatically by XP Pro.
> How do I tell it to allow printing from a MSDOS
> application now that the printer is installed?????

I have same problem (I think) (below is my post from same
day). The response I got was maybe my printer was
a "Windows only" printer and to try a 3rd. party program
called Printfil. Don't see why I should have to do
this.
I am just copying a prn file to lpt1 or using Edit
program
from command prompt to print a file.. Not a network
printer, just lpt1. Not every XP computer does this.

My post:
I have a client who uses an old DOS application which
doesn't print, nothing happens, no error, it just doesn't
print. So I tried printing a Wordpad document to a file
and copying it to the printer, nothing. Tried going to
the command prompt and using "edit" to create and print a
text file, nothing.

Any ideas ??

Hardware)