INSTALLING PRINTER

I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine except that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new hardware 'box asking me to install the printer which is already installed and working. How do I get rid of the box?
3 answers Last reply
More about installing printer

    Uninstall and reinstall. XP is telling you it's not installed correctly.
    www.coribright.com

    "Installing printer" <Installing printer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:D3113C63-6588-4E70-81D9-A031CD54BBF8@microsoft.com...
    >I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine except
    >that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new hardware 'box
    >asking me to install the printer which is already installed and working.
    >How do I get rid of the box?

    I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but the box still keeps appearing!
    Sue

    "Installing printer" wrote:

    > I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine except that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new hardware 'box asking me to install the printer which is already installed and working. How do I get rid of the box?

    See the KB article at:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298370

    message news:5446EB82-B336-4EA1-8183-2AE2C25D13E9@microsoft.com...
    > I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice but the box still keeps appearing!
    > Sue
    >
    > "Installing printer" wrote:
    >
    >> I have just installed a Samsung laser printer and everything is fine
    >> except that every time I start my computer I get the'recognised new
    >> hardware 'box asking me to install the printer which is already installed
    >> and working. How do I get rid of the box?

Laser Printer Microsoft Printers Windows XP