New Cooling Method

G

Everybody know that by leaving one side of the case open, the CPU and motherboard temperature drop. In my case 9 degrees. Come to think of it, why didn't anybody suggest cooling a CPU by leaving one side open instead of install a black-label Delta? After all, install a Delta may lower CPU temperature by 5 degrees or more when comparing with other fans. And leaving a side open can do the same trick without the noise. Delta is driving me crazy.

***Warning: Leaving a side open doesn't mean that you can run your computer without a Heatsink & Fan***

G

[***Warning: Leaving a side open doesn't mean that you can run your computer without a Heatsink & Fan***]

Well, you could... just wouldn't be a pleasant experience.

G

howzabout you test that theory for us and let us know if the chip fries. ;)

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
thats what i do. just take your case outside once a month and use some compressed air to blow out the dust.

<A HREF="http://static.stileproject.com/pika.swf" target="_new">Hyakugojyuuichi!!</A>

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
I very much doubt this, but it would be cool if it did. I think there is very little difference between an Axia 1Ghz and 1.3Ghz chip, and you cannot run a 1Ghz Athlon without a fan (unless you have a watercooler).

A P-Pro 200 maybe but not a 1Ghz proc.

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details