Help Needed. Cannot find where to cancel my EQ2 account.....

Can someone please tell me specifically where and how to cancel my eq2
account. They make it impossible to quit. You can add stuff easy, but
quit? ...cannot find where to.
6 answers Last reply
More about help needed find cancel account

    "Lumpy" <malkiv@nospam.adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > Can someone please tell me specifically where and how to cancel my eq2
    > account. They make it impossible to quit. You can add stuff easy, but
    > quit? ...cannot find where to.

    Click on the my account link from the eq2 website. Follow links to
    view/edit billing. The option to cancel is there.

    Just canceled my account an hour ago.=)

    All in all - I had fun for the 3.5 months I played. Worth the $95 I spent
    (box + 3 months subscription fees), but the game is not nearly good
    enough to keep me long term.

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:57:42 -0500, "Lumpy"
    <malkiv@nospam.adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Can someone please tell me specifically where and how to cancel my eq2
    >account. They make it impossible to quit. You can add stuff easy, but
    >quit? ...cannot find where to.

    Come on - be serious - you cant have looked very hard can you?

    Start up EQ2, first screen where you put you password - notice the "my
    account" option ?
    Click it, select your account and it should be obvious even for the
    most slow witted,

    Come back if you have problems.

    HTH
    Cheers

    but the game is not nearly good
    > enough to keep me long term.

    then no game will be unless you go back to EQ1

    WoW is painfully shallow

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:57:42 -0500, "Lumpy"
    <malkiv@nospam.adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Can someone please tell me specifically where and how to cancel my eq2
    >account. They make it impossible to quit. You can add stuff easy, but
    >quit? ...cannot find where to.

    Sounds like you might be running into the same problem I had. I
    started with EQ1, got a Station Pass when EQ2 came out so I could play
    both, and decided (painful decision) to drop my Station Pass and just
    play EQ2.

    Turns out you can't downgrade from a Station Pass to just one game.
    After poking around on my own for a while I called support, and talked
    to a very pleasant person who told me that the way to do it was to
    cancel my account completely, then start a new account when my
    existing Station Pass ran out.

    I did that, and by the end of the month had decided that I could live
    w/o EQ 1 and 2 completely. Forcing customers to quit is probably not
    the smartest thing Sony could do.

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:32:57 GMT, murdocj <murdocj@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Sounds like you might be running into the same problem I had. I
    >started with EQ1, got a Station Pass when EQ2 came out so I could play
    >both, and decided (painful decision) to drop my Station Pass and just
    >play EQ2.
    >
    >Turns out you can't downgrade from a Station Pass to just one game.
    >After poking around on my own for a while I called support, and talked
    >to a very pleasant person who told me that the way to do it was to
    >cancel my account completely, then start a new account when my
    >existing Station Pass ran out.
    >
    >I did that, and by the end of the month had decided that I could live
    >w/o EQ 1 and 2 completely. Forcing customers to quit is probably not
    >the smartest thing Sony could do.

    Hmm, I don't think they mean quit and have to start fresh, but,
    rather, cancel, let the account run out, then renew it as a single
    subscription account rather than stations pass. Honestly, the only way
    you'd be able to quit and start a whole new account would be to buy a
    new copy of the game, and I really don't see them making people do
    that.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Sympathy for the retailer:
    http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
    "Door's to your left" -Gord

    Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:30:23 -0800, Dark Tyger
    <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote:

    >On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:32:57 GMT, murdocj <murdocj@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Sounds like you might be running into the same problem I had. I
    >>started with EQ1, got a Station Pass when EQ2 came out so I could play
    >>both, and decided (painful decision) to drop my Station Pass and just
    >>play EQ2.
    >>
    >>Turns out you can't downgrade from a Station Pass to just one game.
    >>After poking around on my own for a while I called support, and talked
    >>to a very pleasant person who told me that the way to do it was to
    >>cancel my account completely, then start a new account when my
    >>existing Station Pass ran out.
    >>
    >>I did that, and by the end of the month had decided that I could live
    >>w/o EQ 1 and 2 completely. Forcing customers to quit is probably not
    >>the smartest thing Sony could do.
    >
    >Hmm, I don't think they mean quit and have to start fresh, but,
    >rather, cancel, let the account run out, then renew it as a single
    >subscription account rather than stations pass. Honestly, the only way
    >you'd be able to quit and start a whole new account would be to buy a
    >new copy of the game, and I really don't see them making people do
    >that.

    You're right, and I understood that he meant that I should cancel my
    subscription, let it run out, then start it up again with the same EQ2
    account.

    But what happened was that Sony started in a situation where if I did
    nothing, I kept paying them money every month, and ended up in a
    situation where if I did nothing, my account vanished. That's a bad
    move.

Games Video Games