LTE 5280 function key acting backwards?

Last response: in Computer Brands
October 14, 2004 5:09:12 AM

Hi all,

I have 2 problems on my LTE5280:

1. if I do not hold down the blue funtion key i get the
alternates on the key (2 instead of k). if I hold down
the function key I get the correct keys for normal
typing. how do I fix this?

2. the keys feel a little sticky. how do i clean the
keyboard?

thanks,
charles......
Anonymous
October 14, 2004 5:09:13 AM

"***** charles" <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have 2 problems on my LTE5280:
>
> 1. if I do not hold down the blue funtion key i get the
> alternates on the key (2 instead of k). if I hold down
> the function key I get the correct keys for normal
> typing. how do I fix this?
>
> 2. the keys feel a little sticky. how do i clean the
> keyboard?
>
> thanks,
> charles......

Do you have the Number Lock turned on? Some of the keys on the
right side of the keyboard serve double duty as a number pad. The
laptop does not have a separate number pad as a regular keyboard
does. Your Number Lock LED might be burned out if it is not on.
Sometimes the FN key is hit instead of the Control or Shift key and
might not be noticed if you are not watching the screen or the
keyboard as you type.

--
Earl F. Parrish
Anonymous

"Earl F. Parrish" <efparri@nowhere.world> wrote in message

> "***** charles" <shultzjrX@joimail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have 2 problems on my LTE5280:
> >
> > 1. if I do not hold down the blue funtion key i get the
> > alternates on the key (2 instead of k). if I hold down
> > the function key I get the correct keys for normal
> > typing. how do I fix this?
> >
> > 2. the keys feel a little sticky. how do i clean the
> > keyboard?
> >
> > thanks,
> > charles......
> >

> Do you have the Number Lock turned on? Some of the keys on the
> right side of the keyboard serve double duty as a number pad. The
> laptop does not have a separate number pad as a regular keyboard
> does. Your Number Lock LED might be burned out if it is not on.
> Sometimes the FN key is hit instead of the Control or Shift key and
> might not be noticed if you are not watching the screen or the
> keyboard as you type.

You are a genius. Now what do I do about the sticky keys?
It seems all/most of the keys are affected.

thanks,
charles....
!