printer security tab

When I install Hp LaserJet5 on xp machine I do not have
security tab in printer properties. Same printer installed
on win2000 machine does. Is this a permissions problem - I
am logged on as admin - what gives?
1 answer Last reply
More about printer security

    If you have selected Simple File Sharing in XP Pro or are using XP Home the
    Security Tab will not exist.
    www.coribright.com

    "steveh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I install Hp LaserJet5 on xp machine I do not have
    > security tab in printer properties. Same printer installed
    > on win2000 machine does. Is this a permissions problem - I
    > am logged on as admin - what gives?

Security Hewlett Packard Printers Windows XP