No printing BUT will do noxel chk and print align ok though

I had recenlty got rid of some reg keys etc after using
my SPybot.

Problem is though I can't seem to print documents anymore.
Unable to print wordpad, note pad or any of my other
documents.

The printer is directly connected to the computer (not
networked not shared)

I have run the trouble shooting without any luck.

The printer is online and when going to do an alignment
test it can even detect if the printer is on or off, or
even if there is any paper in or not.

I was able to print a test page for printer alignment.
I am able to do nozzle check.

After clicking on Printer Status and Display Print Que I
get this blank DOS window with the title reading:
C|WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\cnmsq4b.exe

Help what should I do next to be able to print my
documents again.

Karl

The exact same thing has happened to me. I can, however print pages from the help files on my computer, I can print web pages from IE or Netscape and I can print graphics/artwork/photos. Just NOT text from MS Word, Notepad or other text editors. Cannot print from the command line either.

Baffled!

Bob H

"Karl BC" wrote:

> I had recenlty got rid of some reg keys etc after using
> my SPybot.
>
> Problem is though I can't seem to print documents anymore.
> Unable to print wordpad, note pad or any of my other
> documents.
>
> The printer is directly connected to the computer (not
> networked not shared)
>
> I have run the trouble shooting without any luck.
>
> The printer is online and when going to do an alignment
> test it can even detect if the printer is on or off, or
> even if there is any paper in or not.
>
> I was able to print a test page for printer alignment.
> I am able to do nozzle check.
>
> After clicking on Printer Status and Display Print Que I
> get this blank DOS window with the title reading:
> C|WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\cnmsq4b.exe
>

> Help what should I do next to be able to print my
> documents again.
>
> Karl

The exact same thing has happened to me today. I can, however, print graphics & photos, and webpages. I cannot print from the command prompt either

Baffled!

"Karl BC" wrote:

> I had recenlty got rid of some reg keys etc after using
> my SPybot.
>
> Problem is though I can't seem to print documents anymore.
> Unable to print wordpad, note pad or any of my other
> documents.
>
> The printer is directly connected to the computer (not
> networked not shared)
>
> I have run the trouble shooting without any luck.
>
> The printer is online and when going to do an alignment
> test it can even detect if the printer is on or off, or
> even if there is any paper in or not.
>
> I was able to print a test page for printer alignment.
> I am able to do nozzle check.
>
> After clicking on Printer Status and Display Print Que I
> get this blank DOS window with the title reading:
> C|WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\cnmsq4b.exe
>

> Help what should I do next to be able to print my
> documents again.
>
> Karl

Have you tried a System File Check? From the command Prompt, type:
sfc /scannow
(and hit enter)
www.coribright.com