how to print PRN files

I need to know how to print PRN files. I know this may be
basic but I can nof find a way to do it in windows XP.

Also, I want to know if it makes any difference the
printer specified before creating the prn file.
1 answer Last reply
More about print files

    luispa,

    > I need to know how to print PRN files. I know this may be
    > basic but I can nof find a way to do it in windows XP.

    Open a Command Prompt and type:

    COPY filename.prn LPT1: (if it is locally connected)

    or

    COPY filename.prn \\SERVER\PRINTER (if it is networked)

    > Also, I want to know if it makes any difference the
    > printer specified before creating the prn file.

    Yes. The PRN file contains the printer-specific control codes.
    You can send it only to that printer type.

    Kind regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

Microsoft Windows XP