how to print PRN files

June 19, 2004 2:29:22 AM

I need to know how to print PRN files. I know this may be
basic but I can nof find a way to do it in windows XP.

Also, I want to know if it makes any difference the
printer specified before creating the prn file.

More about : print prn files

Anonymous
June 19, 2004 5:06:33 PM

luispa,

> I need to know how to print PRN files. I know this may be
> basic but I can nof find a way to do it in windows XP.

Open a Command Prompt and type:

COPY filename.prn LPT1: (if it is locally connected)

or

COPY filename.prn \\SERVER\PRINTER (if it is networked)

> Also, I want to know if it makes any difference the
> printer specified before creating the prn file.

Yes. The PRN file contains the printer-specific control codes.
You can send it only to that printer type.

Kind regards,
Davide Guolo
Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
http://www.guolo.com/printfil
Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all