Cannot send outgoing faxes

alison

I have a problem sending faxes. I was successfully using the Windows XP fax utility for sometime and then I installed SP2 (RC1, build 2096) and it stopped working. I assumed that there must be a bug in SP2 and so I removed the SP but the fax utility still doesn't work. The modem itself works fine.
How can I fix this?

Ask in the beta group.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a problem sending faxes. I was successfully using the Windows XP
fax utility for sometime and then I installed SP2 (RC1, build 2096) and it
stopped working. I assumed that there must be a bug in SP2 and so I removed
the SP but the fax utility still doesn't work. The modem itself works fine.
> How can I fix this?

alison

Where is the beta group - i.e. within which category?

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> Ask in the beta group.
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a problem sending faxes. I was successfully using the Windows XP
> fax utility for sometime and then I installed SP2 (RC1, build 2096) and it
> stopped working. I assumed that there must be a bug in SP2 and so I removed
> the SP but the fax utility still doesn't work. The modem itself works fine.
> > How can I fix this?

That information is not public. It should be with your beta testing
instructions.
--

--
LS2000

I have samee problem with sending, but I cannot read what is received,
how can this be fixed... Ut seens the whole microsoft fax is locked up
and it is all because of SP2

--
LS2000

How do you know its locked up? What symptoms do you see when you try to
send? What error messages do you get? Do you see any errors on the event
log? We need more information, please.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

"LS2000" <LS2000.1c1805@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

> I have samee problem with sending, but I cannot read what is received,
> how can this be fixed... Ut seens the whole microsoft fax is locked up
> and it is all because of SP2
>
> Alison wrote:
>> *I have a problem sending faxes. I was successfully using the Windows
>> XP fax utility for sometime and then I installed SP2 (RC1, build
>> 2096) and it stopped working. I assumed that there must be a bug in
>> SP2 and so I removed the SP but the fax utility stil
>> l doesn't work. The modem itself works fine.
>> How can I fix this? *
>

> --
> LS2000

"Alison" <Alison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a problem sending faxes. I was successfully using the
>Windows XP fax utility for sometime and then I installed SP2 (RC1,
>build 2096) and it stopped working. I assumed that there must be a
>bug in SP2 and so I removed the SP but the fax utility still
>doesn't work. The modem itself works fine.
> How can I fix this?

Make sure that you have an active Dialing Location for your modem.
Without a Dialing Location, Windows XP will not know what prefixes,
country code or area codes to use when dialing.

--
Earl F. Parrish