Someone

Hi, I am looking for recent, first-hand knowledge of an account being banned for an
attempted character transfer in violation of the EULA. I need to assess the risks
involved.

I have been given 2 of accounts, each of which has 1 character that I desire to keep.

The accounts are guild hand-me-downs, with very early start dates. They have both been
through multiple owners with regards to the billing information. There is no chance that
I will be able to contact the original owner to 'borrow' his registration information.

I want to move both characters to a 3rd, brand-new account, which I will create with EQ
Platinum Edition. This would lessen my monthly subscription fees, as well as give both
characters access to GoD.

I would transfer one character immediately, and the other after my next payday :->

What are the risks? Does SOE ban accounts when transfers like these pop up on their
radar? If so, is there any real risk to **my** primary account, which would be unrelated
to these activities save for my name on the account?

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:20:48 -0600, someone@nowhere.com wrote:

>I want to move both characters to a 3rd, brand-new account, which I will create with EQ
>Platinum Edition. This would lessen my monthly subscription fees, as well as give both
>characters access to GoD.
>
>I would transfer one character immediately, and the other after my next payday :->
>
>What are the risks? Does SOE ban accounts when transfers like these pop up on their
>radar? If so, is there any real risk to **my** primary account, which would be unrelated
>to these activities save for my name on the account?

Probably you won't get banned unless you do something stupid like TELL
them you're not the original owner. HOWEVER, the original billing info
on all accounts have to match up to be able to transfer characters
between them, so what you want to do is out of the question anyway.

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

<someone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I am looking for recent, first-hand knowledge of an account being
banned for an
> attempted character transfer in violation of the EULA. I need to assess
the risks
> involved.
>
> I have been given 2 of accounts, each of which has 1 character that I
desire to keep.

> The accounts are guild hand-me-downs, with very early start dates. They
have both been
> through multiple owners with regards to the billing information. There is
no chance that
> I will be able to contact the original owner to 'borrow' his registration
information.

> I want to move both characters to a 3rd, brand-new account, which I will
create with EQ
> Platinum Edition. This would lessen my monthly subscription fees, as well
as give both
> characters access to GoD.
>
> I would transfer one character immediately, and the other after my next
payday :->

> What are the risks? Does SOE ban accounts when transfers like these pop
up on their
> radar? If so, is there any real risk to **my** primary account, which
would be unrelated
> to these activities save for my name on the account?

I have transferred characters across accounts without a problem, but all 3
have the same billing info.
AFAIK they only do a transfer where the billing info is the same, no
exceptions.
It may permit you to apply for a transfer, but you will probably hit a snag
when they go to do it and they see that the billing info is different.

Someone

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:08:04 GMT, "Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:

>I have transferred characters across accounts without a problem, but all 3
>have the same billing info.
>AFAIK they only do a transfer where the billing info is the same, no
>exceptions.
>It may permit you to apply for a transfer, but you will probably hit a snag
>when they go to do it and they see that the billing info is different.

The billing info is already the same across the 2 accounts with the characters on them.

The new "Platinum Edition" account will be created with the same billing information.

BUT - the original owner of the account will be different for all 3 accounts.

For the 2 "from" accounts, the Station registration information can be changed to match my
information (in fact, I have already done so). But I can never be the 'original' owner of
the account, therefore my need for risk assessment.

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:08:04 GMT, "Pamela Carlton"
<lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote:

> >I have transferred characters across accounts without a problem, but all
3
> >have the same billing info.
> >AFAIK they only do a transfer where the billing info is the same, no
> >exceptions.
> >It may permit you to apply for a transfer, but you will probably hit a
snag
> >when they go to do it and they see that the billing info is different.
>
> The billing info is already the same across the 2 accounts with the
characters on them.

> The new "Platinum Edition" account will be created with the same billing
information.

> BUT - the original owner of the account will be different for all 3
accounts.

> For the 2 "from" accounts, the Station registration information can be
changed to match my
> information (in fact, I have already done so). But I can never be the
'original' owner of
> the account, therefore my need for risk assessment.

Hard to tell how closely they monitor it =(
This is directly from the transfer info page, so I think if they don't catch
you now, they reserve all rights to get you later.
I can see why you would want to look at the risk given your new account
would also be in jeopardy.

If you attempt to transfer characters in violation of these guidelines and
restrictions, any laws, the EUASL or the Rules of Conduct(for instance,
attempting to transfer characters from another person's account or to or
from an account purchased by or for you or given to you where you are not
the original registered user of that account), the characters will not be
moved, your request will not be processed or approved and your account(s)
will be subject to review and appropriate disciplinary action taken.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:20:48 -0600, someone@nowhere.com wrote:

>I would transfer one character immediately, and the other after my next payday :->

Can trasfer 1 or 2 for the same $50 so do both at once and save
another $50 from 2 separate transfers

>What are the risks? Does SOE ban accounts when transfers like these pop up on their
>radar? If so, is there any real risk to **my** primary account, which would be unrelated
>to these activities save for my name on the account?

You could change the registered info to match your current account
before submitting transfer and pray.

Really.. they don't care.

And they will never ban for this.

First and second hand knowledge here.

First hand: moved my partners account to a new server (she moved countries,
so entire address/billing changed to my card/address) no questions asked,
moved instantly
Made a shaman on an account given to me (back before they did the inclusive
packs and i didn't want to buy kunark and velious again seperatly) no
questions asked, moved instantly

Second hand: friend was given a druid by a r/l friend of his. Applied for a
server move, got rejected (billing info didnt match) he sent a reply saying
it was originally his uncles account (paying for him to use).. they wanted
to play together bla bla.. got moved instantly after that email.

I put some blurb on my account transfer forms about why billing etc had
changed, just incase they did ask..

When i made one of my accounts, I put totally fake name/address details in
(as I do with everything I register to!)... then I saw some account stealing
scams, and they were using r/l address info to verify accounts etc.
I changed the account all over to my real details (sorry Martin, the account
owner is actually called gsdsdjskdj..) which was name+address. Billing has
changed over the years, as cards expire or I used a different one etc..

Anyway I had zero questions or delays, I got all accounts moved without
delay.

-m

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in

> On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 14:20:48 -0600, someone@nowhere.com wrote:
>
>>I would transfer one character immediately, and the other after my
>>next payday :->
>
> Can trasfer 1 or 2 for the same $50 so do both at once and save
> another $50 from 2 separate transfers

As I recall, the transfer is for up to 4 characters from the same account
to the same account. He is looking to transfer one character each from two
seperate accounts to the same account.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 26 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 14 Gnome Brawler, 27 Provisioner

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

someone@nowhere.com wrote:
> Hi, I am looking for recent, first-hand knowledge of an account being banned for an
> attempted character transfer in violation of the EULA. I need to assess the risks
> involved.
>
> I have been given 2 of accounts, each of which has 1 character that I desire to keep.
>
> The accounts are guild hand-me-downs, with very early start dates. They have both been
> through multiple owners with regards to the billing information. There is no chance that
> I will be able to contact the original owner to 'borrow' his registration information.
>
> I want to move both characters to a 3rd, brand-new account, which I will create with EQ
> Platinum Edition. This would lessen my monthly subscription fees, as well as give both
> characters access to GoD.
>
> I would transfer one character immediately, and the other after my next payday :->
>
> What are the risks? Does SOE ban accounts when transfers like these pop up on their
> radar? If so, is there any real risk to **my** primary account, which would be unrelated
> to these activities save for my name on the account?

Glad you brought this up. I just did a transfer today of a couple toons
from one account I was not the original owner of to my main and soon to
be only account. This is a same server account to account transfer and
the billing info on both accounts is identical at present.

I read the thing about not doing it, etc. too and wondered if this will
go through or not.

Anyone know how long they typically take to process transfers like this?
The info I got from them was it could take up to 3 weeks, which seems
ridiculous. I hope it is faster than that.

--
Get Thunderbird - Reclaim Your Inbox

Get Firefox! - The Browser You Can Trust

Daimajin

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005

> Anyone know how long they typically take to process transfers like this?
> The info I got from them was it could take up to 3 weeks, which seems
> ridiculous. I hope it is faster than that.

I just attempted to do a transfer but got denied...it took about 2 days.
It got denied because one account had one less expansion...should have
paid better attention as I didn't notice the rule about that. When I
originally transfered my character to another account so I could 2 box
it took less than a week total to go through, now I just want one
account so figured I would move him back. BTW both were always my accounts.

"Michael" <NOSPAM_Lin_mukai@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Anyone know how long they typically take to process transfers like this?
> The info I got from them was it could take up to 3 weeks, which seems
> ridiculous. I hope it is faster than that.

I have had a couple of transfers done, and there were performed within 3
days even though they say it may take a few weeks.
I think it is to stop people complaining in advance.