Razer Pitches Switchblade Mobile Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfitz90

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2010
You can pick up the Optimus Maximus for 1600 on think geek. Link for Proof: http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/keyboards-mice/9836/

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
After watching the video Razer posted of this online, I was rather surprised when they said it uses an Intel Atom, which.. uhh, isn't really known for gaming.

Seems to me like a perfect product for AMD's Fusion APUs.

But no matter what the hardware is, I won't be buying it when/if it comes out.

emile420

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
i'm a hardcore gamer(cod series/crysis/racing games ie F1 2010), and "to me" merkin (shooting) with anything less then (we'll say)40-60 fps in a first person shooter isn't feasible it's just silly and absolutely frustrating , you stand no chance what so ever trying to play a multilayer fps with a bs/pos frame rate. but at the same time I play games like split second which is capped at a COMFORTABLE 30 fps and its amazing like I didn't know what to say (unforgivable reference), if i were to estimate the FPS in split second I'd say at least 60 fps (which would prolly be default settings with v-sync) and I would be wrong.I LOVE the idea of mobile gaming but seems to me like we're a far ways away from achieving satisfying frame rates for us hardcore gamers (if i don't make sense please take a second to re-read what I said.)

It's the truth

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
IMHO only reason there's an intel chip in there is because Intel is the -expected- CPU for a gaming rig when it's made by someone other than a DIYer

liveonc

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2008
Why can't they just make a USB touchscreen keyboard for 17" gaming laptops instead, like an iPhone sleeve, instead of venturing into the unknown. Atom gaming=FAIL ;-)

The Atom CPU/Intel GMA is going to kill this. It NEEDS a dedicated GPU and a real CPU to actually play games.

The keyboard, however, is something that would be great on all laptops. There would be no need for backlighting, as the keys are already lit, and they could change functions, allowing for smaller computers.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Yes, it's an Atom processor, but you are playing on a 7" monitor. With a 7" monitor I'm sure the monitor resolution would be low enough that concerns about performance would not be a problem.

Having said that, I still wouldn't buy one for concerns about heat.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]emile420[/nom]i'm a hardcore gamer(cod series/crysis/racing games ie F1 2010), and "to me" merkin (shooting) with anything less then (we'll say)40-60 fps in a first person shooter isn't feasible it's just silly and absolutely frustrating , you stand no chance what so ever trying to play a multilayer fps with a bs/pos frame rate. but at the same time I play games like split second which is capped at a COMFORTABLE 30 fps and its amazing like I didn't know what to say (unforgivable reference), if i were to estimate the FPS in split second I'd say at least 60 fps (which would prolly be default settings with v-sync) and I would be wrong.I LOVE the idea of mobile gaming but seems to me like we're a far ways away from achieving satisfying frame rates for us hardcore gamers (if i don't make sense please take a second to re-read what I said.)It's the truth[/citation]

a hard core gamer would know that while not ideal 30 frames a second is extremely playable especially if the game features motion blurring which bassically nulls out any noticble low frame rate above 25 fps. also being able to play every game at 40-60 fps doesnt make you a hard core gamer , just means you are rich (and arrogant ) enough to say that 40-60 is a hard core gamers fps.

and yes i read over what you said several times , and no it's not the truth. many console games and quite a few pc games lock frames at 30 fps.
sorry i dont mean to attack you , it's just you sound as though you look down on poeple that can't afford the fastest video card (which doesnt play all games at a steady 60 fps itself btw) so i couldnt resist saying something. teh avaerage affordable video card (200-300 price range) will actualy be getting below 60 fps in most games.

G

i think its a great idea. This is obviously not supposed to be your main Gaming Computer but this is perfect for killing time on a lunch break or at a coffee shop....its perfect for what its designed for and the keyboard is B.A.

lets just pray its reasonably priced.

and to a couple posts down...im not to thrilled by the Atom Intel processor...i hope thats a bad joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.