I'm having slow fps with a game even though my computer exceeds the requirements

NarwhalDude

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Whenever I try to play Portal 2 and GTA IV, I get an extremely low fps even though my computer meets the requirements. I updated my drivers, lowered all of the game settings, and even installed game booster, yet there's still no difference. Even after re-installing there was still no difference. Why is my computer doing this and how do I fix it?
My specs:
Processor: AMD Quad-Core 3.6GHz
RAM: 8.00GB
Video Card: Radeon HD 6670

harsh321

Honorable
May 9, 2012

really dude ur graphic card need an upgrade....what PSU do u hav is it the cheap one...

Thrin

Honorable
May 5, 2012
What do you define as 'extremely low fps?'

What is your harddrive?

What other processes is your computer running?

Have you looked at reviews of your video card in those games to see if others get the same thing?

NarwhalDude

Honorable
May 14, 2012

I know it's not the greatest card ever, but i checked and it should be able to run on max settings. Like I said, even when I lowered the settings, it still gave me no difference. I also looked up videos of people playing with the same card although they seemed to be able to run it better. Thanks for the reply by the way.

NarwhalDude

Honorable
May 14, 2012

I would say somewhere around 10 or 20 fps. It seems to be slower in puzzles that require lasers or other scripted events.

I have a 500 GB hard drive. I don't know any other details on it though, sorry.

The only processes that run when I play are Steam and Skype.

I checked reviews and they seemed to be able to play just fine.

NarwhalDude

Honorable
May 14, 2012

I know I'm planning on getting a new one later on! And I have a 500W power supply.