How to redirect LPT port to IP printer

Hi,

I got and old DOS program that need to print to to
network printer.

the only way to acces that printer is by IP adress.

So.. is there a way to redirect an LTP port to an IP
printer ??

Thanks

Ronald
7 answers Last reply
More about redirect port printer

    Ron,

    > So.. is there a way to redirect an LTP port to an IP
    > printer ??

    Install the printer on a Windows PC and share it, then map the LPT port to
    that share on the PC where the DOS software is running:

    NET USE LPT1 \\server\shared_printer

    If you want to print directly to the IP printer from your DOS app., with
    graphical preview, font selection, margins, text color, BMP background
    merging etc., then have a look at Printfil.

    Kind regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

    Thanks Davide,

    Thanks Davide,

    the second option is the best, and I don't need
    graphical preview etc.. it's just plain text.

    Ron,

    > Thanks Davide,

    my pleasure.

    > the second option is the best, and I don't need
    > graphical preview etc.. it's just plain text.

    You can use it anyway.
    Download the free trial and don't hesitate to write me if you need help.

    Regards,
    Davide.
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all
  5. Hello,

    try like this

    1. Install in Windows your IP printer

    2. Right mouse click on your prinetr and choose Properties and next Tab "Ports"

    3. Set option "Turn on printing buffereing"

    4. Now it's allow you select additional port so go up find LPT1: and select it

    5. Click OK

    now when DOS software will send information to LPT1: port it will be redirect to IP address of you printer

    For some DOS programs printing start when you leave nad close DOS window
  6. ^^ What part of 2004 do you not understand?
  7. . Install in Windows your IP printer

    1. In Win XP select Start-->Printers and Faxes

    2. Right mouse click on your printer and choose Properties and then the Tab "Ports"

    3. Set option "Enable Printer Pooling"

    4. Now it's allow you select additional port so go up find LPT1: and select it

    5. Click OK

    now when DOS software will send information to LPT1: port it will be redirect to IP address of you printer

    For some DOS programs printing start when you leave nad close DOS window

IP Printers Windows XP