Printer Connection

Whenever I disconnect and reconnect my (Lexmark) printer
to my (Dell) laptop with a USB cable, Windows reinstalls
the printer, so that my printer list
becomes "Lexmark", "Lexmark (Copy 1)", "Lexmark (Copy 2)",
etc. Also, it wants to go through the printer cartridge
alignment every time.

Is there something I can change in the settings in XP so
that it will remember I have the printer set up even
though it is not plugged in?

Thanks.

Scott
1 answer Last reply
More about printer connection

    Ensure you connect it to the same USB port each time.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Scott" <scott_wood@bigfoot.com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I disconnect and reconnect my (Lexmark) printer
    > to my (Dell) laptop with a USB cable, Windows reinstalls
    > the printer, so that my printer list
    > becomes "Lexmark", "Lexmark (Copy 1)", "Lexmark (Copy 2)",
    > etc. Also, it wants to go through the printer cartridge
    > alignment every time.
    >
    > Is there something I can change in the settings in XP so
    > that it will remember I have the printer set up even
    > though it is not plugged in?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Scott

Connection Lexmark Printers Windows XP