Soo....who got it?

Haha still waiting for my copy....and I can't download it either due to slow speed/bandwidth caps.

Argh....I can't wait for it. Looks so awesome!

I envy everyone with fast connections!

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Downloaded and installed overnight.

Sadly, I had to work today.

I'm curious if there is a bunch of server/login issues today. I know overseas it was chaos trying to login late last night.

Was just reading about the issues on the blizzard D3 webpage....there were tons of issues! I'm kind of glad I had to work today....lol

Oh yea ordered the collectors edition as well....I played D2- however I never played the expansion LOD.

Something tells me I may never play the D2 XP.

Haha yeah the monk looks awesome. I like that exploding palm technique. Was watching the trailers last night...since I couldn't join in on the dling/fun.

IDK what I want to use yet...its either going to be a barb, monk, or wizard....personally I like the special effects of the wizard, all the flashy goodness!

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Barb def has the better looking armor sets, imo.

Yea, I agree Wiz has the sweet looking spells. Everytime I see the Disintegrate spell, I wanna yell "IM'A FIRIN' MAH LAZER!"

:)

Hmm knowing I might not be playing with others online (i will have to see how my connection holds up) I might just go barb...so i can tank it out against all the minions!

That disintegrate spell sounds awesome...never even heard of it until you mentioned it!

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
New Tristam! Don't let the "new" fool you. Looks like a bomb was dropped on it.

Beyond that, no idea. Beta only let me see New Tristam and a dungeon to kill the Skeleton King. Far as it went :(

Ahhh. That bomb being "demons from hell" possibly? :D

I'm so excited about this game...yet no one to talk to around my office...since they dont even game at all!

This is one of the only few places I can share my excitement!

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Same, and I work in IT. None of these other nerds game, at least not that I know of.

The skeleton king was a neat encounter. I thought he would be relatively easy, seeing as how I plowed through the mobs with the Barb. Figured I could just zerg him. Wrong. After dying a few times, I realized you had to stick and move. Kill adds for health pots, etc.

May have been an easier fight with a ranged class. But I liked the challenge.

I look forward to other more complicated strategies required to take down the other bosses.

I'm in IT as well!

Ahh interesting - so you can't really take the Skeleton King head on eh? I'll have to keep that in mind - I haven't played the beta.

How many players does online gaming support for D3? I read 4 however im not sure on this.

Although I could see having more than 4 people on screen could be very chaotic!

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Nice! What do you do in IT? I'm a Network Admin.

Yea, last I heard was 4.

I'm assuming the difficulty is increased the more players that join. I haven't been able to find much info on professions and enhancements other than that they exist.

Looking forward to all the extras they've added to this game.

Network admin? Nice. I'm just a technician - for desktops.

Although this job does encompass some elements of a network admin.

What I like about D3 is how the health/mana bars are much smaller now - in the old D2 it took like 1/3 of the screen real estate!

brett1042002

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Thats cool. I was a desktop/client technician for 3 years before becoming a network admin. I learned a lot in that job.

Haha! Yea I almost forgot how clunky the UI was back then, compared to D3 now.

Did I hear right that Blizzard wont allow mods for D3? So, I guess there will be no crazy UIs or addons, like WoW. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess. I like D3s stock UI.

Ahh good stuff.

I'm not too sure about the mod thing - however considering you have to have an always on connection - I don't think there will be any mods at all. Maybe they will change this at a later date?

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Come on, 'colors!

I know with absolute certainty that you have suffered disillusionment with Blizzard.

With that considered, can you really give an objective opinion concerning Diablo 3?

Not prodding you, bro, 'just asking.

Edit: After re-reading your comments, you didn't really give an opinion one way or another, just stating a fact.

Get this game. I know you've shoveled Blizzard enough $$$ over the years, I understand, I have too.

But this game is so worth it, man. And it would be cool to have someone I sorta know to run with.

Hmm well I haven't tried Torchlight 2 yet. However I may pick it up after i'm done flogging D3 to death....lol.

Wouldn't mind seeing how the MP is in it.

I'm not really a fanboy of any specific game - however if I find a good game, even by a small time developer - as long as it's good I don't mind at all.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I gave the game as fair a shake as I could. I put aside all of my disagreements with its design direction and philosophy concerning the RMT AH, and played 30 hours of beta while it was available, leveling every class to 13 except barb, and doing a bunch of repetitive runs just to feel out the different abilities with the few rune/glyph options (can't remember which they called them) that I had available to me. The game just was not up to snuff. It was objectively bad for a dungeon crawler at that time, because it was overly easy. As I understand, the difficulty has been increased for release even in normal mode, but then it is also releasing unfinished with incomplete animations and no PVP. To me, that is such a piss poor excuse for a way to launch a title in a series so revered as Diablo, I wouldn't accept a free copy of the game.

But I'm making no bones about my position. I am not speaking solely from an objective standpoint. I think Blizzard's negative impact on gaming eclipses EA's. I'll never purchase another one of their products ever again. They make easy, milkable cash-cow games and think as lowly as possible of their fans right up until a release date. They operate like a large-scale version of Mythic Gaming in the 90's. They can blow me.