graphics print, text won't

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I've got quite a problem. I have XP pro. I can print webpages (including text), e-mail (text of course) and images with my art program.

But I can no longer print text from MS Word 2000, the windows notepad, nor from the command prompt. I'm baffled.

G

"rhazen" wrote:

> I've got quite a problem. I have XP pro. I can print webpages (including text), e-mail (text of course) and images with my art program.
>
> But I can no longer print text from MS Word 2000, the windows notepad, nor from the command prompt. I'm baffled.

Just to test this further, I am also able to print graphics AND text on the same page using MS Word, but if I remove the graphic and try again, the text will not print! - rhazen

G

"rhazen" wrote:

>
>
> "rhazen" wrote:
>
> > I've got quite a problem. I have XP pro. I can print webpages (including text), e-mail (text of course) and images with my art program.
> >
> > But I can no longer print text from MS Word 2000, the windows notepad, nor from the command prompt. I'm baffled.
>
> Just to test this further, I am also able to print graphics AND text on the same page using MS Word, but if I remove the graphic and try again, the text will not print! - rhazen

I'm back. If nobody can tell me what is going on with my computer at least i can tell you that the "work around" is to create a startup template that has a transparent graphic outside the margins. Now i can print any text I want, as long as the page has SOME graphic on it. Man... am I ever confused!

TRENDING THREADS