Renee

I recently reformatted my hard drive and redownloaded all windows updates
and now I have printer problems....actually it seems that my usb ports are the problem they don't respond when I plug anything in. Can anyone tell me how to check the ports and how they might be fixed if there is a problem

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. From the Hardware tab,
select Device Manager. Scroll down to the USB ports entry.... click on the
+ to expand the tree. Right click on each entry and select Uninstall.

When all are uninstalled, reboot the PC. XP should re-find and reinstall
the drivers for the USB ports.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com