windows xp and usb port

I recently reformatted my hard drive and redownloaded all windows updates
and now I have printer problems....actually it seems that my usb ports are the problem they don't respond when I plug anything in. Can anyone tell me how to check the ports and how they might be fixed if there is a problem
1 answer Last reply
More about windows port

    Right click on My Computer and select Properties. From the Hardware tab,
    select Device Manager. Scroll down to the USB ports entry.... click on the
    + to expand the tree. Right click on each entry and select Uninstall.

    When all are uninstalled, reboot the PC. XP should re-find and reinstall
    the drivers for the USB ports.
    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "renee" <renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently reformatted my hard drive and redownloaded all windows updates
    > and now I have printer problems....actually it seems that my usb ports are
    > the problem they don't respond when I plug anything in. Can anyone tell me
    > how to check the ports and how they might be fixed if there is a problem

USB Windows XP