New Case and P/S

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
I just got my new case today! its a CI-7004 ATX mid tower from phamcomputer.com with a 350w Enermax power supply and 2 case fans (plan on getting 3 more + Silverado)

I installed everything just fine all i have to do is wait fore my motherboad. When i installed the power supply myself and it has a fan on the inside on the bottom of it and about 15-20% of the fan on the bottom is block by the metal plate the ps sits on i want to know if this will impare its abilities that much if at all.

<font color=green>I can draw tyte give me the damn crayon!</font color=green>

Tankman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2001
I bought the same case from them (w/ 2 Adda fans), but opted for the Sparkle PS. The blockage will affect your air intake to the Enermax, but I don't think it's that significant. Most PSs don't have an intake fan.

Where are you going to add the 3 other fans? Why do you need so much cooling? (5 fans + Silverado).

I'm waiting for my mobo, video card, and CPU (1.33 Athlon) still. Should arrive any day. I can let you know how cooling is with just the two fans and a Silverado.

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
Well i got the 2 ADDA 80mm that came with the computer and because im getting a geforce 3 im getting a fan that goes underneth the bottom in a empty expansion slot and blow the can from the graphics card out

Im still waiting for my 1.33, my a7m266, and my 256 of crucail ram

Im going to see how my temps are doing then and if ther to high for me i think ill ad 1 or 2 more 80mm fans

I love this case only thing wrong with is that the plastic clips that hold the side on broke so im using the screws

peteb

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2001
Why spend 80 bucks on a Silverado when you'll have 5 case fans? You cannot be concerned about noise...

I think the Silverado is a great cooler, but it is very expensive if you just want it to cool. If you want a quiet cooler, then be my guest.

I think you'll get equivalent cooling for 1/4 to 1/3 the price, no waiting list or paypal hassle and not really notice the noise against your 5 case fans plus 2 PSU fans...

-* This Space For Rent *-
email for application details

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
Well i geuss what i forgot to mension is that im only going to get 3 case fans unless my temps are in th 50's-60's C

But i think im ok on the issue of the metal plate

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
I have 4 very quiet Antec case fans, an Alpha Pal-6035 heatsink with a black label delta on top, cooling runs about 40C under load. Spending $80 on a heatsink is ludracrious, escpecially when for $30 you can by and OCZ Gladiator and get BETTER cooling than the silverado.

G

The point of spending so much money on the Noisecontrol Silverado is exactly that, noisecontrol. It's even in the name. When you compare the noise, thermal resistance, and price all together, the Silverado is actually a very good performer. Sure a Swiftech MC462-A would cool slightly better and only costs a little bit more, but it is far noisier (although it is still one of if not my all time favorite). I believe that's why he's thinking of going with the Silverado. Personally though, I'd rather go with a few 120mm fans than 5x80mm fans, since they are a less obnoxious frequency of noise. They only queiter and better cooling that you'd get over a Silverado and some 120mm's would be some form of liquid cooling, which can be complicated, expensive and risky. In any event, we all have our own preferences and peeves, so why do you knock him?

3C2X1(<b><i>Genius</i></b>).
Even though I'm a stranger, at least my average post is intelligent!

rd382

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2001
120mm fans dont fit my case

and im only going with 5 if i need um

im fersure getting 3 though