'Alan Wake' on the PC - Worth a punt?

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Just glanced at a couple of reviews and this game looks decent. I don't own an xbox so never played it... How is it on the PC? Are there series control issues? Is it better with mouse and keyboard or a controller? Cheers.

Solution
@about 7 hours long its ok if you like mystery novels or movies... if you dont then your unlikely to fully appreciate it... if its half price or less on steam then yeah get it. but as a full price games i'd think twice.
it looks better on pc as you dont have the 30fps cap and dont get the sub 30 framerate judder. and yes it plays just as well on mouse and keyboard but it is designed with 360 console in mind so plays really easy with 1.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
well i haven't played it in the console, but the PC version is pretty decent, i played it with controller because 3rd person/2nd person games i usually go with controller and it work very well with it, graphics are also great, if you like the genre, it sure worths a shot.

@about 7 hours long its ok if you like mystery novels or movies... if you dont then your unlikely to fully appreciate it... if its half price or less on steam then yeah get it. but as a full price games i'd think twice.
it looks better on pc as you dont have the 30fps cap and dont get the sub 30 framerate judder. and yes it plays just as well on mouse and keyboard but it is designed with 360 console in mind so plays really easy with 1.

Solution

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Gotcha. Thanks! It's only $14.99 on gog.com so I'll give it a go.