Windows Xp Home Edition Fax Console Problem

I am trying to send and receive faxes via the fax console and everytime I try,it always comes up with either "could not send due to error" or "no dial tone ".I am connected to the internet through DSL which is though my phone line.Can I not send and receive through DSL?If I can, how can I configure this to work?Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows home edition console problem

    Sending a fax by DSL requires one of two methods:

    1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
    telephone to the DSL line, then connect a regular analog fax modem to the
    line through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
    your local Radio Shack store:

    http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

    2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
    Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
    http://www.savetz.com/fax/
    FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

    "Heatherlou35094" <Heatherlou35094@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:003E4307-C17F-4D37-B320-703F03C7736D@microsoft.com...
    > I am trying to send and receive faxes via the fax console and everytime I
    try,it always comes up with either "could not send due to error" or "no dial
    tone ".I am connected to the internet through DSL which is though my phone
    line.Can I not send and receive through DSL?If I can, how can I configure
    this to work?Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Fax Consoles Windows XP