Windows Xp Home Edition Fax Console Problem

June 23, 2004 2:01:01 AM

I am trying to send and receive faxes via the fax console and everytime I try,it always comes up with either "could not send due to error" or "no dial tone ".I am connected to the internet through DSL which is though my phone line.Can I not send and receive through DSL?If I can, how can I configure this to work?Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Anonymous
June 24, 2004 1:17:32 AM

Sending a fax by DSL requires one of two methods:

1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
telephone to the DSL line, then connect a regular analog fax modem to the
line through the line filter. Your DSL provider has these filters, as does
your local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=C...(keyword)

2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#intern...
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com