Could I Play Arma 2/DayZ Well?

1addictedplayer

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Hello, I'm sure many of you have heard of the DayZ mod for the Arma 2: Combined Operations which just contains Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead which are used to run the mod DayZ.
All this information is taken from Canyourunit.com, and I have heard the information isn't reliable there, but I still use it to tell my information.

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) 9750 Quad-Core Processor

CPU Speed: 2.4 GHZ

RAM: 3.1 GB (I have 4 GB inside my computer, but I think my new video card is using 1 GB of it, not sure why. The site use to say I only had 3 GB, but now all of a sudden it's saying 3.1 GB. So I don't know if the website is telling the truth or not.)

OS: Windows Vista Business Edition Service Pack 2 32-bit

Video Card: HIS Ati Radeon HD 4670. Direct link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161315

Video RAM: 2.2 GB (I have an onboard HD 3200, that is where I get the extra 1 GB.)
Hardware T&L: Yes
Pixel Shader Version: 4.1
Vertex Shader Version: 4.1

DirectX Version: 11.0

If you have any questions please ask me.
If you need information on the mod itself DayZ then just google the mod, but I think all I need is to be able to run Arma 2 and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead decent and DayZ should work fine.

I'm not planning on maxing it out or anything, probably just medium settings on everything hoping to get about 40 FPS at least. I could possibly go on lowest settings, but I just want to know at how well my computer will run it.

~Thanks.

yes you will be able to run it. how well ? well thats debatbale... depending on quality you may get 60 fps but more likely 30... arma 2 isnt particularly well written especialy when you turn on the higher end settings... best just max out the textures and hope it doesnt hit the gfx to hard. in fact i have noticed arma 2 does make a good job of auto configuring so try the settings it gives you...
b4 you try adjusting em.

btw you onlyy have 1 gig of vram.. you may have extra set asside for the 3200 onboard but its separate form your dedicated gfx mem and will have no impact on gaming performance.

1addictedplayer

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012

I should reword the title better, yes I know I can run it, but I do want to know the performance.

I have Crossfire Enabled with it, but I don't know if it works to the fully extent. (I did not build the computer.)
It does say sometimes "Dedicated Video RAM: 1 GB" only sometimes though.

Anyways, thanks for your help, I do know it isn't really the best optimized game, but I hope I can at least maintain at 30-60 FPS range, I can't deal with anything less really.