Asus temp software or MBM 5?

eburies

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I currently use the A7V rev. 1.02 motherboard and I am using the asus temp software to measure my temps. I downloaded MBM 5 but I can't get it to show me any temps what have I done wrong? I would like to compare the results.

paulcalmond

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2001
Try using the extensive help for detailed instructions, but basically you need to set the "primary sensor chip" to "AS99127F"

Then set sensor 1 to be "Asus 1" (case temp)
Then set sensor 2 to be "Asus 2" (cpu temp)

This should get you started.

eburies

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Paul,

I activated the sensor 1 & 2 and now I have temp readings! Currently, both asus's PC Probe software and MBM 5 have the same temp readings. Has anyone else seen better results with one temp software reader compared to the other, or have others found PC Probe and MBM 5 to show the same temp?

paulcalmond

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2001
Glad to help.

With regard to differences in temperature readings between Asus Probe and Motherboard Monitor (MBM) on my system: Asus A7M266 motherboard Rev 1.04 and ASUS A7M266 ACPI BIOS Revision 1003 both programs give the same temperatures.

However people with for example A7V motherboards state that Asus Probe reports cpu temperature approximately 10C higher than MBM.

MBM does have an option to add an offset (specified by the user) to the values it gets from the sensor chip, this could be used to enable calibration of the temperature readings with those obtained from an external temperature probe that is known to be accurate.

AMD specifications for Athlon (Thunderbird) cpus of 1.1GHz and above refer to a maximum cpu die temperature of 95C.

Personally I am satisfied with my 1.2GHz Athlon running below 50C when at 100% cpu load (e.g. running SETI at Home) with room temp. of 22C