[EQ1] older quest bugged...

It seems a few older quests have been broken when DoN went live.

Cast #1: my group were helping a wizzy epic in KC by killing Venril
Sathir. Many of the people, myself included, have done him before and
usually are a pushover. My brother once duoed him with his 60 shammy
and 60 SK when 60 was the max level and did it fine.

Today: we had a terrible time and wipe. 2 70 cleric went OOM healing
MT and nearly every nukes and dot were resisted. The only thing that
landed without resist were malo but that didn't help the other
resists. Plus the mob had insane regen and went back to 100 a few
seconds after the last surviving tank went down. I was chain casting
pet summons to give a 58 cleric a chance to camp out before I died.
We all were upset and very positive that Venril was either overtwinked
or broken in some way.

Case #2: a week ago my group were in Howling Stone just for fun and to
get Hand of Glory key. 5 hours later we were still stuck in the north
wing because the damn named mob that drops the key to access the west
wing never popped. /bugged it and next day my friend told me that HS
was bought down for bug fix. Haven't been there since then.

Case #3: twice I've failed LDoN missions (both collect on normal)
because we never collected the required numbers. In both cxases we
were able to kill every single mob and none was left in the entire
zone to drop the needed items. No more collect for me!

There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well. If you
have experience in either Venril kill or Howling Stone and could check
these out, I'd appreciate it. Better yet bring in a full raid force
for Venril. I just need to kjnow if it's bugged in other servers or
if it's just Vazaelle.

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in

> It seems a few older quests have been broken when DoN went live.
>
> Cast #1: my group were helping a wizzy epic in KC by killing Venril
> Sathir. Many of the people, myself included, have done him before and
> usually are a pushover. My brother once duoed him with his 60 shammy
> and 60 SK when 60 was the max level and did it fine.
>
> Today: we had a terrible time and wipe. 2 70 cleric went OOM healing
> MT and nearly every nukes and dot were resisted. The only thing that
> landed without resist were malo but that didn't help the other
> resists. Plus the mob had insane regen and went back to 100 a few
> seconds after the last surviving tank went down. I was chain casting
> pet summons to give a 58 cleric a chance to camp out before I died.
> We all were upset and very positive that Venril was either overtwinked
> or broken in some way.

VS has a very large lifetap proc (I think it's a proc), 1500ish as I
recall. Don't recall his resists off hand. The insane regen was
probably the lifetap rather than a regen per se. Are you sure your
brother duoed VS, and not VSR? You usually need lots of DPS to overcome
his lifetap heals as I vaguely recall from doing VS a very long time ago.

> Case #2: a week ago my group were in Howling Stone just for fun and to
> get Hand of Glory key. 5 hours later we were still stuck in the north
> wing because the damn named mob that drops the key to access the west
> wing never popped. /bugged it and next day my friend told me that HS
> was bought down for bug fix. Haven't been there since then.

No clue, I just float across the stairs that are not really there, and
head straight to that wing, no key required.

> Case #3: twice I've failed LDoN missions (both collect on normal)
> because we never collected the required numbers. In both cxases we
> were able to kill every single mob and none was left in the entire
> zone to drop the needed items. No more collect for me!

Have not done an LDoN in a very long time now.

> There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well. If you
> have experience in either Venril kill or Howling Stone and could check
> these out, I'd appreciate it. Better yet bring in a full raid force
> for Venril. I just need to kjnow if it's bugged in other servers or
> if it's just Vazaelle.

There are always rumors about various things after any patch, so, unless
someone actually has experienced a problem, I would discount such rumors.

Unlikely it's a server specific issue, if there is an issue.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 26 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 13 Gnome Brawler, 27 Provisioner

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <Xns960C719621DD2richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
RichardRapier@netscape.net says...
> Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in
>
> > It seems a few older quests have been broken when DoN went live.
> >
> > Cast #1: my group were helping a wizzy epic in KC by killing Venril
> > Sathir. Many of the people, myself included, have done him before and
> > usually are a pushover. My brother once duoed him with his 60 shammy
> > and 60 SK when 60 was the max level and did it fine.
> >
> > Today: we had a terrible time and wipe. 2 70 cleric went OOM healing
> > MT and nearly every nukes and dot were resisted. The only thing that
> > landed without resist were malo but that didn't help the other
> > resists. Plus the mob had insane regen and went back to 100 a few
> > seconds after the last surviving tank went down. I was chain casting
> > pet summons to give a 58 cleric a chance to camp out before I died.
> > We all were upset and very positive that Venril was either overtwinked
> > or broken in some way.
>
> VS has a very large lifetap proc (I think it's a proc), 1500ish as I
> recall.

Lifetaps for 1500 exactly. And reasonably often. This was still true as
of last week. Chain rune's on the MT is a strategy for dealing with him,
and mitigating his proc a bit. He is quite resistant.

> Don't recall his resists off hand. The insane regen was
> probably the lifetap rather than a regen per se.

Yup.

> Are you sure your
> brother duoed VS, and not VSR? You usually need lots of DPS to overcome
> his lifetap heals as I vaguely recall from doing VS a very long time ago.

Just to clarify... that's Venril Sathir's Remains, vs Venril Sathir. VSR
is a comparative pushover.

> > Case #2: a week ago my group were in Howling Stone just for fun and to
> > get Hand of Glory key. 5 hours later we were still stuck in the north
> > wing because the damn named mob that drops the key to access the west
> > wing never popped. /bugged it and next day my friend told me that HS
> > was bought down for bug fix. Haven't been there since then.
>
> No clue, I just float across the stairs that are not really there, and
> head straight to that wing, no key required.

1) That doesn't really get you the Hand of Glory though which was the
stated objective, and

2) the floating trick is PC specific. I can cross by floating without
trouble everytime. My friends PC can't. Just can't. Something to do with
levitate drop rate being tied to the CPU or something but even with SoE
he falls too fast 100% of the time. I've tried it on his machine and
can't do it, so its not him. I tried logging his char onto mine to get
him across and that works.

3) And to address the op's comment, I completed my HoG a couple weeks
ago, and was able to move through all wings by obtaining the various no
rent keys. (Took a couple days to do it though, and had to keep keys on
a duel corpse for the interim.)

> > Case #3: twice I've failed LDoN missions (both collect on normal)
> > because we never collected the required numbers. In both cxases we
> > were able to kill every single mob and none was left in the entire
> > zone to drop the needed items. No more collect for me!
>
> Have not done an LDoN in a very long time now.

I've probably done 20 LDoN collects in the last 2 months (all themes),
the most recent one was last night. Completed every one of them with at
least 20 minutes to spare (with a 3 man team), and never cleared more
than half the dungeon. What you are describing seems highly irregular.

> > There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well. If you
> > have experience in either Venril kill or Howling Stone and could check
> > these out, I'd appreciate it. Better yet bring in a full raid force
> > for Venril. I just need to kjnow if it's bugged in other servers or
> > if it's just Vazaelle.
>
> There are always rumors about various things after any patch, so, unless
> someone actually has experienced a problem, I would discount such rumors.
>
> Unlikely it's a server specific issue, if there is an issue.

/agree

"Graeme Faelban" <RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > We all were upset and very positive that Venril was either overtwinked
> > or broken in some way.
>
> VS has a very large lifetap proc (I think it's a proc), 1500ish as I
> recall. Don't recall his resists off hand. The insane regen was
> probably the lifetap rather than a regen per se. Are you sure your
> brother duoed VS, and not VSR? You usually need lots of DPS to overcome
> his lifetap heals as I vaguely recall from doing VS a very long time ago.

Have triod him before, ranger, warrior, cleric. He died in about 20seconds
or so (this was VS), VSR is weaker. None of us were particulary uber then
(or now for that matter :p).

42 <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in

> In article <Xns960C719621DD2richardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
> RichardRapier@netscape.net says...
>> Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in
>>
>> > It seems a few older quests have been broken when DoN went live.
>> >
>> > Cast #1: my group were helping a wizzy epic in KC by killing Venril
>> > Sathir. Many of the people, myself included, have done him before
>> > and usually are a pushover. My brother once duoed him with his 60
>> > shammy and 60 SK when 60 was the max level and did it fine.
>> >
>> > Today: we had a terrible time and wipe. 2 70 cleric went OOM
>> > healing MT and nearly every nukes and dot were resisted. The only
>> > thing that landed without resist were malo but that didn't help the
>> > other resists. Plus the mob had insane regen and went back to 100
>> > a few seconds after the last surviving tank went down. I was chain
>> > casting pet summons to give a 58 cleric a chance to camp out before
>> > I died. We all were upset and very positive that Venril was either
>> > overtwinked or broken in some way.
>>
>> VS has a very large lifetap proc (I think it's a proc), 1500ish as I
>> recall.
>
> Lifetaps for 1500 exactly. And reasonably often. This was still true
> as of last week. Chain rune's on the MT is a strategy for dealing with
> him, and mitigating his proc a bit. He is quite resistant.
>
>> Don't recall his resists off hand. The insane regen was probably
>> the lifetap rather than a regen per se.
>
> Yup.
>
>> Are you sure your
>> brother duoed VS, and not VSR? You usually need lots of DPS to
>> overcome his lifetap heals as I vaguely recall from doing VS a very
>> long time ago.
>
> Just to clarify... that's Venril Sathir's Remains, vs Venril Sathir.
> VSR is a comparative pushover.

VSR is trivial by comparison.

>> > Case #2: a week ago my group were in Howling Stone just for fun and
>> > to get Hand of Glory key. 5 hours later we were still stuck in the
>> > north wing because the damn named mob that drops the key to access
>> > the west wing never popped. /bugged it and next day my friend told
>> > me that HS was bought down for bug fix. Haven't been there since
>> > then.
>>
>> No clue, I just float across the stairs that are not really there,
>> and head straight to that wing, no key required.
>
> 1) That doesn't really get you the Hand of Glory though which was the
> stated objective, and

Means nothing to me...

> 2) the floating trick is PC specific. I can cross by floating without
> trouble everytime. My friends PC can't. Just can't. Something to do
> with levitate drop rate being tied to the CPU or something but even
> with SoE he falls too fast 100% of the time. I've tried it on his
> machine and can't do it, so its not him. I tried logging his char onto
> mine to get him across and that works.

I know, I've seen that too. I can levitate across with now speed
enhancement at all, yet, a friend I brought to help me with my epic 1.5
drop could not get across regardless of what movement speed enhancement
they had going, and they were just following me.

> 3) And to address the op's comment, I completed my HoG a couple weeks
> ago, and was able to move through all wings by obtaining the various
> no rent keys. (Took a couple days to do it though, and had to keep
> keys on a duel corpse for the interim.)
>

>> > Case #3: twice I've failed LDoN missions (both collect on normal)
>> > because we never collected the required numbers. In both cxases we
>> > were able to kill every single mob and none was left in the entire
>> > zone to drop the needed items. No more collect for me!
>>
>> Have not done an LDoN in a very long time now.
>
> I've probably done 20 LDoN collects in the last 2 months (all themes),
> the most recent one was last night. Completed every one of them with
> at least 20 minutes to spare (with a 3 man team), and never cleared
> more than half the dungeon. What you are describing seems highly
> irregular.

I remember having these kinds of problems a long time ago, but they upped
the drop rates. Even back then, usually we could find a few more mobs in
some dead end that we missed on the way throught the dungeon.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 26 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 14 Gnome Brawler, 27 Provisioner

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <Xns960D51A6F29ABrichardrapiernetscap@130.133.1.4>,
RichardRapier@netscape.net says...

> >> No clue, I just float across the stairs that are not really there,
> >> and head straight to that wing, no key required.
> >
> > 1) That doesn't really get you the Hand of Glory though which was the
> > stated objective, and
>
> Means nothing to me...

He wanted to get the Hand of Glory, the master non-no-rent key that
opens all the doors in HS; it's made by combining a ground spawn in each
of the 4 wings.

Unless you *only* ever want to camp the east wing the Hand of Glory is a
handy thing to get.

"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
> It seems a few older quests have been broken when DoN went live.

<snip>

> There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well.

Jboots quest was alive and well on The Rathe recently - I did it twice last
month...

-Jeffers
The Rathe

"Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
> It seems a few older quests have been broken when DoN went live.
>
> Cast #1: my group were helping a wizzy epic in KC by killing Venril
> Sathir. Many of the people, myself included, have done him before and
> usually are a pushover. My brother once duoed him with his 60 shammy
> and 60 SK when 60 was the max level and did it fine.

Um... either you're talking about VSR not VS, which is singificantly tougher,
or your brother was feeding you a line.

Real VS was not duoable when 60 was the max level.

65, yes... with high resistances and raid gear, he could be beat. (if you
can resist his lifetap, he becomes trivial.) But that didn't happen until
PoP. In Luclin, the last time the max level was 60, it was still a big deal
that he could be manaburned down with a single group of wizards. Nobody was
duoing him then. Maybe single group, for the uberest of the Vex Thall
raiders... but not duoing.

> Today: we had a terrible time and wipe. 2 70 cleric went OOM healing
> MT and nearly every nukes and dot were resisted. The only thing that
> landed without resist were malo but that didn't help the other
> resists. Plus the mob had insane regen and went back to 100 a few
> seconds after the last surviving tank went down. I was chain casting
> pet summons to give a 58 cleric a chance to camp out before I died.
> We all were upset and very positive that Venril was either overtwinked
> or broken in some way.

If you have the resistances to overcome his lifetap, you can kill him with
anything. If you don't, then it's all about DPS. Who was there besides the
tank (and what kind of tank? 55 paladin? 70 warrior?) and the two clerics?
What level were your nukers and how many? Any melee DPS? Were you buffed
and hasted?

If you're not resisting his lifetap (and especially if he's getting lucky on
proc'ing it) then you have to overcome 1500 healing every couple seconds, and
get him down 32k hp. That can be hard if you're lower leveled, or
understaffed.

> Case #2: a week ago my group were in Howling Stone just for fun and to
> get Hand of Glory key. 5 hours later we were still stuck in the north
> wing because the damn named mob that drops the key to access the west
> wing never popped. /bugged it and next day my friend told me that HS
> was bought down for bug fix. Haven't been there since then.

Could have just been unlucky on the spawns, alhtough 5 hours, or 15'ish
spawns, is a very long streak.

--
Davian - Wood Elf Warrior on Guk
Talynne - Half Elf Rogue on Guk

Davian - Night Elf Rogue on Bloodhoof

This is just an update and addendum:

VS was taken down by SoE on Vazaelle and has not be bought back up
since the patch few days ago.

I know VS is one tough mob but as I was saying on the night of the
battle, he had impossibly high resist. Malo was used since it is
unresistable but nearly all of my beast dot and nukes were resisted
and that had never happened to me before. The nukes I got in were
migtated to sub-50 damage. The person leading the raid is a wizard who
has done this before and he couldn't get ONE nuke to land at all.
This is why we all thought vs was bugged. In the group that night was
another wizard, 2 chanty, 54 ranger (bags full of arrows) and a mage
along with 65 pally as backup tank.

2 70 clerics against vs would have been overkill in most cases but not
that day.

Impmon wrote:

> There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well. If you
> have experience in either Venril kill or Howling Stone and could check
> these out, I'd appreciate it. Better yet bring in a full raid force
> for Venril. I just need to kjnow if it's bugged in other servers or
> if it's just Vazaelle.

JBoot quest works just fine. I've done it 5 times in the
last 2 days.

KDragon <nospam.for.me.please@nospam.net> writes:
> Impmon wrote:
>
> > There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well. If you
> > have experience in either Venril kill or Howling Stone and could check
> > these out, I'd appreciate it. Better yet bring in a full raid force
> > for Venril. I just need to kjnow if it's bugged in other servers or
> > if it's just Vazaelle.
>
> JBoot quest works just fine. I've done it 5 times in the
> last 2 days.

As it happens, I was looking for Brother Zephyl in RM last night, and
of course Hasten Bootstrutter, the jboots guy, is one of the PHs. And
of course, since I wanted Zephyl, I had to kill Bootstrutter three times.
(Back when I was looking for Bootstrutter for my own jboots, I kept
finding Zephyl. Nature maintains her delicate balance. :)

Anyway, each time Hasten turned up, I'd /ooc to check if anyone was there
for the jboots so they could talk to the guy before I killed him. And
indeed, one group did come over and talked to him while I stood off to
the side with my Iksar (/emote eyes the tasty-looking gnome). They had
two people there for jboots, and after a bit they said he'd screwed them
on the second one so they were all in favor of me killing him. :)

Heh, it would certainly be more realistic if the guy no longer had a set
of boots to give you after someone else has gotten a set (until he respawns,
for instance), but that's no how things usually work. And taking people's
stuff without giving the boots is pretty rude. Yum, *crunchy* gnome!

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 49 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

Don Woods wrote:
> As it happens, I was looking for Brother Zephyl in RM last night, and
> of course Hasten Bootstrutter, the jboots guy, is one of the PHs. And
> of course, since I wanted Zephyl, I had to kill Bootstrutter three times.
> (Back when I was looking for Bootstrutter for my own jboots, I kept
> finding Zephyl. Nature maintains her delicate balance. :)

On my 5th set, my low level char had to sit for several
hours watching red con Zephyl running by many times taunting
him. I targeted him and read a book, occasionally watching
the screen to see if the target box had cleared indicating
Zephyl had despawned. Then it was a matter of killing the "a
drake" once before Hasten motored by. There's a spot near
the Feerrott zone line where Hasten stops to catch his
breath, so even a char without SoW can run up and hail him.
You can safely sit on the mountain side watching down the
valley for the fast moving black spot approaching.

> Anyway, each time Hasten turned up, I'd /ooc to check if anyone was there
> for the jboots so they could talk to the guy before I killed him. And
> indeed, one group did come over and talked to him while I stood off to
> the side with my Iksar (/emote eyes the tasty-looking gnome). They had
> two people there for jboots, and after a bit they said he'd screwed them
> on the second one so they were all in favor of me killing him. :)

Hmmm, didn't try two chars in sequence, but several years
(wow, it has been that long...) ago, I got JBoots for my
Necro and Pally one right after the other with a friend
hailing Hasten to keep him in place while I logged out one
char and logged the other. The "hailer" was holding the
second rapier.

> Heh, it would certainly be more realistic if the guy no longer had a set
> of boots to give you after someone else has gotten a set (until he respawns,
> for instance), but that's no how things usually work. And taking people's
> stuff without giving the boots is pretty rude. Yum, *crunchy* gnome!

I have a couple of extra rings on my Necro and Pally, I'm
going to try two exchanges and see what happens.

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:28:58 -0500 in
<h599219jha9scat92tdk0bs449q2q4onuo@4ax.com>, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon>
graced the world with this thought:

>There's also rumor that Jboot quest is also broken as well.

Yes, and I heard that the giants in Rathe don't drop pp anymore.

TRENDING THREADS