Recipient's Name field in Fax Console

I am having a problem with the "Recipient Name" field
when I create a new personal cover page. Under certain
conditions, the finished fax has both the actual name of
the recipient and the text "(Business Fax)" in
the "Recipient Name" field. I cannot find a way to
delete or hide the (Business Fax) text and I don't want
it there.

This only happens when I use Outlook to add the Recipient
Name to the "To" field as I create the fax in the Send
Fax Wizard. When I manually type the Recipient name into
the "To" field on the Send Fax Wizard, "(Business Fax)"
does not appear.

I am using Win XP Pro, Outlook 2002, Microsoft Fax
Console v 5.1
3 answers Last reply
More about recipient field console

    See if changing the Display Name in the Outlook Contact Record for that
    recipient helps.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Pat S." <seethoff@oregonsbest.com> wrote in message
    > I am having a problem with the "Recipient Name" field
    > when I create a new personal cover page. Under certain
    > conditions, the finished fax has both the actual name of
    > the recipient and the text "(Business Fax)" in
    > the "Recipient Name" field. I cannot find a way to
    > delete or hide the (Business Fax) text and I don't want
    > it there.
    >
    > This only happens when I use Outlook to add the Recipient
    > Name to the "To" field as I create the fax in the Send
    > Fax Wizard. When I manually type the Recipient name into
    > the "To" field on the Send Fax Wizard, "(Business Fax)"
    > does not appear.
    >
    > I am using Win XP Pro, Outlook 2002, Microsoft Fax
    > Console v 5.1

    in the Outlook Contact Record". My guess about 1 method
    to make this change was to change "Show names by"
    to "First Last" from "by File As" (>Tools > E-Mail
    Accounts > View or change Existing Directories Or Address
    Books > Change). This had no effect on my problem.

    A few more notes about the problem. The text
    for "(Business Fax" does not appear complete or whole on
    my paper fax (or in preview). Only the uppermost parts of
    tallest text elements appear. They are immediately below
    the recipient's name. Only the upper 10% of the left &
    right parenthesis, & the upper 10% of the "B" & the "F"
    appear. It is as if the text for recipient's name and
    text for "(Business Fax)" are L-aligned & stacked, and
    Recipent's name has a text box around it that is a little
    too big & exposes part of the text below it (Business
    Fax). I have tried to move the bottom boundary of the
    text box around "Recipient's name" up, but this does not
    hide the text fragments that appear below. I can make the
    text box bigger & completely expose the text "(Business
    Fax)", but I cannot use this method to hide the
    fragments.

    You can easily access the Display Name in the Contact Record. It's in the
    "Display As" field.

    --

> [...]

Fax Consoles Microsoft Windows XP