Sign in with
Your question

PS3 HDMI TO VGA? NO HDCP

Last response: in Video Games
May 16, 2012 1:21:56 AM

I have a PS3, and I want to plug it into my 15" 1024 x 768 Dell monitor to play games. I want to get the full 1024 x 768 so I don't want to use composite/ component (red white and yellow) out. The monitor only supports VGA analog signals. Is there a way to convert the HDMI Digital signal to analog VGA. My monitor does NOT support HDCP (High-Bandwith Digital Content Protection). So the converter must get around that security. I've seen videos, but they never address the HDCP. And if possible, can I do this inexpensively? HELP

More about : ps3 hdmi vga hdcp

a b C Monitor
May 16, 2012 1:32:15 AM

Hi :) 

If the monitor is VGA....then no...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a b î Playstation
a b C Monitor
May 16, 2012 12:36:38 PM

Component can handle HD, composite can't. These are two different types of connection. Composite is red, white yellow. Component is red, green, blue.

See the chart for supported modes.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/...

HDMI requires HDCP, component does not.
m
l
Related resources
May 16, 2012 12:55:01 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
Component can handle HD, composite can't. These are two different types of connection. Composite is red, white yellow. Component is red, green, blue.

See the chart for supported modes.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/...

HDMI requires HDCP, component does not.

Does PS3 have a component version of the red white and yellow output. The video out put on the PS3 end? Not HDMI. And if so. Could i use a component to VGA adapter. ?
m
l
May 16, 2012 1:03:44 PM

Hd fury? never tried it myself but it seems to offer what you are looking for, not cheap though.
m
l
a b î Playstation
a b C Monitor
May 16, 2012 4:03:03 PM

millions1030 said:
Does PS3 have a component version of the red white and yellow output. The video out put on the PS3 end? Not HDMI. And if so. Could i use a component to VGA adapter. ?

As I said, don't confuse component with composite. It two different signaling types. just because the cables are different colors doesn't mean they are interchangable.

Composite is red (audio-right), white, (audio-left) and yellow (video). Component uses all 3 cables for video and you need seperate audio. Also, I may have confused the right and left audio channels on the composite, but they are audio.

The link I posted above shows you exactly what the ps3 has and is capable of.
m
l
May 16, 2012 6:17:40 PM

Okay I understand, I just wanted to know if the component plugged into the same place that the composite wouldn't (in the ps3) but my question was answered
m
l
!