How does one overclock a GF2 MX?

G

Ok, I hear tons about... but how does one do it? In Win9x, WinNT/2000, Linux.... I wanna know! (I have one, and I'd like to 'play' with it)

Yes, I'm the BOY who got Win98 to load in under 10 sec... ah....

G

You want to d/load some gfx card utils (something like nvtweak) from somewhere like 3dfiles.com which will give you a couple of sliders to adjust your core and memory clock speed and gradualy take the bars up until you start witnessing probs.

Fullspizz People

G

i have the same grafix card, and i put a pentium cooler on the GPU. watch my thread called "help needed".

never fear, the bdtman is here!

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Try downloading "coolbits" from I think www.nvnews.com , Im @ work now so cant check it, it gives you an extra tab on the gforce properties in the display settings and has 2 slider bars for the core and memory speeds.If its not on nvnews, try looking on www.tweakfiles.com/net or www.tweak3d.net, just look for "coolbits"

Next time you wave - use all your fingers<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by CALV on 05/24/01 09:13 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

that's a bummer for u, to let windows load in 10 sec!!!

My whole computer starts up in 8 seconds!!!

My computer even has a RAID controller and is even faster then ur's!!

Keep Up tha Good Work my friend!

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
Ok you boot faster.Does not mean your systom is faster.Just means you have less crap on your systom.Been there..Done that.Keep you systom clean ...Well the rest is history.