Print Spooler Crashing

gavin

I have a WindowsXP Pro SP1 and all the latest updates, each time I try and
add a new printer the print spool crashes. Here are the errors that I get in
the event logs;

Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 5.1.2600.0, faulting module
unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00000000.

and

The application, C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe, generated an application
error The error occurred on 06/22/2004 @ 22:18:22.453 The exception
generated was c0000005 at address 00000000 (<nosymbols>)

Does anyone have any information on how to fix this problem.

Thanks
Gavin...

Run a System File Check.... from the command prompt, type

sfc /scannow
(note space between c and /)
--
Cari