Playing games Over Network

dtp

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2001
HELP!!!!! I recently set up 2 of my computers on a network through a router so I could use them both on my internet conection,which after awhile I completed I can see both of them ok on each computer and have accesed the printer ok and the folders that i marked to share on each of them so I now that the connections are all ok my question is how do I set them up to play games on it right now I have Rainbow Six installed on both games when I go into set up a game they dont see each other is there something I have to do to the router,or share the game folder in my network or am i doing somethig wrong in the game it self. Any help at all.Thanks......1 has windows 98 the other XP

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
not sure about that particular game, but normally when you start a game, you go into "start server" or sililar on one of them, then on the other, connect xx.xx.xx.x from console where xx's are your ip, ir if theres an option to look for local games, choose that option on the other pc

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?

dtp

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2001
I guess my next ? is how do you set up the server(Iguess that would be 1 of the 2 computers I have on my network) do I have to go through the router to do this, or some where in the computer it self? I guess whats throwing me off is the ip address (I'm not really familiar with these) when I set up the network the router put these in automatically for me I'm guessing. I hope your patient with me on this and keep checking back all help is appreciated remember this is all new to me.Thanks again

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
Unfortunatly Ive not played that game, but other games, i.e. quake, UT, halflife, you launch the game, then go i nto the menu and theres an option to start a server.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?