Fax preview problem

a b D Laptop
June 24, 2004 3:28:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

I have a desktop computer with WinXP Pro and a Dell laptop with WinXP Home.
On both I have installed lately Office 2003
Since then the preview on the laptop is done by Microsoft Document Imaging
and lets me see only the first two pages.
The desktop continues to preview faxes with the old fax preview.
Is there a way to get back on the laptop the standard preview?

More about : fax preview problem

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2004 3:28:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

MODI replace the Windows XP Picture and Fax viewer when you install Office
2003. Check your file associations for TIF files. What other imaging
software is installed?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"YmK" <y@klapisch.net> wrote in message
> I have a desktop computer with WinXP Pro and a Dell laptop with WinXP
Home.
> On both I have installed lately Office 2003
> Since then the preview on the laptop is done by Microsoft Document Imaging
> and lets me see only the first two pages.
> The desktop continues to preview faxes with the old fax preview.
> Is there a way to get back on the laptop the standard preview?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 24, 2004 10:04:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Thanks.
I will try it.

> MODI replace the Windows XP Picture and Fax viewer when you install Office
> 2003. Check your file associations for TIF files. What other imaging
> software is installed?
> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "YmK" <y@klapisch.net> wrote in message
> > I have a desktop computer with WinXP Pro and a Dell laptop with WinXP
> Home.
> > On both I have installed lately Office 2003
> > Since then the preview on the laptop is done by Microsoft Document
Imaging
> > and lets me see only the first two pages.
> > The desktop continues to preview faxes with the old fax preview.
> > Is there a way to get back on the laptop the standard preview?

a b D Laptop
July 8, 2004 7:56:51 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Installing Office 2003 makes Microsoft Document Imaging the default viewer
of .tif and .tiff files. If you want to preview faxes using 'Windows Picture
and Fax viewer' you can change the association in explorer->Folder
Options->File Types. You should be able to get the standard preview after
this.

--
Naresh Chandrasekaran,

purposes only.

"YmK" <y@klapisch.net> wrote in message
> I have a desktop computer with WinXP Pro and a Dell laptop with WinXP
Home.
> On both I have installed lately Office 2003
> Since then the preview on the laptop is done by Microsoft Document Imaging
> and lets me see only the first two pages.
> The desktop continues to preview faxes with the old fax preview.
> Is there a way to get back on the laptop the standard preview?

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 8, 2004 7:56:52 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.outlook.fax,microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?)

Changing the file association for TIF files might have adverse consequences
for faxing from Outlook. I cannot reproduce the original posters findings.
MODI previews all pages. Just use the Thumbnail view.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

!