How access print server with ICF activated?

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Does anybody know how to access a print server on a home
network, e.g. print something to a print server, with ICF
(the internal internet firewall)?

If I turn the WXP internal firewall OFF, everything works
and the print server is visible again.

cheers
Phil

Yes Microsoft has a great article on how to turn on the sharing ports

http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/ports.asp
How to Open Ports in the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Phil" <warp7@freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how to access a print server on a home
> network, e.g. print something to a print server, with ICF
> (the internal internet firewall)?
>
> If I turn the WXP internal firewall OFF, everything works
> and the print server is visible again.
>
> cheers
> Phil

Phil