EQ1 bazaar and barter zones together

Last response: in Video Games
March 3, 2005 8:01:45 PM

just logged on to test server. was happy to see they merged bazaar and
barter commands together in the bazaar zone. it will be nice that you can be
both a seller and buyer now. guess sony in their own way admitted they made
a mistake in two seperet zones.
now if they would only redo the old bazaar without a arena =\
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 8:01:46 PM

Geminii wrote:
> just logged on to test server. was happy to see they merged bazaar
and
> barter commands together in the bazaar zone. it will be nice that you
can be
> both a seller and buyer now. guess sony in their own way admitted
they made
> a mistake in two seperet zones.
> now if they would only redo the old bazaar without a arena =\

I think that was their intent from the beginning.

Putting the barter zone into a completely separate area also allows
them to keep the new barter code separate from the bazaar code. If
something went seriously wrong with the barter zone and buyers launch,
by keeping it separate, they don't bring down the bazaar at the same
time while they work on code fixes. In the month since launch, I don't
think I've heard of any serious bugs being found in the barter zone, so
there should not be any serious bugs in the bazaar after they combine
the two :) .

=30=
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 11:34:21 PM

hidone@hotmail.com wrote:
> In the month since launch, I don't think I've heard of any serious
> bugs being found in the barter zone, so there should not be any
> serious bugs in the bazaar after they combine the two :) .

If there were any serious bugs... who would notice? :)
Have seen anywhere between 3 and 6 barterers up (usually four) on Saryrn.

I do agree with your theory about they always inteded to do this,
though. Explains the nigh-identical zones, and the two separate trader
portals.

Next patch, I expect they'll announce you can be both a trader and a
barterer at the same time, once they've worked out what happens when you
right-click on someone set up as both. I get the feeling whoever wrote
the Bazaar code is long gone from the company, and others are afraid to
mess with it directly.

Hugh
!