Low Volume on VX6600

Last response: in Network Providers
February 17, 2005 4:24:52 AM

I just went into my local Verizon store and bought the new XV6600. Great
phone, great screen, great feel, Keyboard and Pushed email (like
BlackBerry). Do I seem excited???? I really was excited especially with
the phone costing so very much. Well, they activated the phone and then
tried to call me but we could not hear the ring tone (it was there, but so
low that you could barely hear it.) We tried everything, (Clicked on Phone,
Tools, Options) and then moved the slider bars for both ringtone and
telephone ear piece to their highest position. Nothing helped.
We then tried the one other XV6600 in the store and had the same problem.
The salesman and the manager really tried. They called Technical Support but
they were not able to offer any help as the phone is brand new. I finally
had to return the phone and all accessories and get a credit.
Anyone have the same problem and any solutions.

begin 666 1.gif
K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``````````"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P``
`
end

More about : low volume vx6600

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 5:02:42 PM

YES, we all have the same problem but you have a phone you can copy ring
tones to for free. You can simply add louder ring tones!

If you get out onto some of the various user groups throughout the
internet, you'll even find an identicle set of tones only louder than the
ones which came with the phone.

> I just went into my local Verizon store and bought the new XV6600.
> Great phone, great screen, great feel, Keyboard and Pushed email (like
> BlackBerry). Do I seem excited???? I really was excited especially with
> the phone costing so very much. Well, they activated the phone and then
> tried to call me but we could not hear the ring tone (it was there, but so
> low that you could barely hear it.) We tried everything, (Clicked on
> Phone,

> Anyone have the same problem and any solutions.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 1:48:17 AM

I gave back a XV6600 because you could not hear the speaker in areas outside
side of perfect silence, even with the voluume all the way up. Did I get a
bad unit or is this inherent with the phone, forcing you to use a bluetooth
headset? I went for a Treo 650 from Sprint instead. Not the greatest
reception area, but it works! When Verizon comes out with their's I will
jump back unless they can make the XV6600 work correctly.

Lorne

"Bruce D. Brown" <bdbrown@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> I just went into my local Verizon store and bought the new XV6600.
> Great phone, great screen, great feel, Keyboard and Pushed email (like
> BlackBerry). Do I seem excited???? I really was excited especially with
> the phone costing so very much. Well, they activated the phone and then
> tried to call me but we could not hear the ring tone (it was there, but so
> low that you could barely hear it.) We tried everything, (Clicked on
> Phone, Tools, Options) and then moved the slider bars for both ringtone
> and telephone ear piece to their highest position. Nothing helped.
> We then tried the one other XV6600 in the store and had the same problem.
> The salesman and the manager really tried. They called Technical Support
> but they were not able to offer any help as the phone is brand new. I
> finally had to return the phone and all accessories and get a credit.
> Anyone have the same problem and any solutions.

February 19, 2005 6:25:22 AM

I did the same thing. I downloaded one file (not my favorite ) but it works
great, very loud and I can hear it (important for a phone ringer to be able
to be heard, at least I think so.) Now it truly is a great phone.

If you find the site where I can download more (loud) ringers, I would
really be appreciative. I am looking for a ringer sound, not some of the
other wild sounds that are used. Thanks for your help.

Bruce D. Brown

"wowcow" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> YES, we all have the same problem but you have a phone you can copy ring
> tones to for free. You can simply add louder ring tones!
>
> If you get out onto some of the various user groups throughout the
> internet, you'll even find an identicle set of tones only louder than the
> ones which came with the phone.
>

>> I just went into my local Verizon store and bought the new XV6600.
>> Great phone, great screen, great feel, Keyboard and Pushed email (like
>> BlackBerry). Do I seem excited???? I really was excited especially with
>> the phone costing so very much. Well, they activated the phone and then
>> tried to call me but we could not hear the ring tone (it was there, but
>> so low that you could barely hear it.) We tried everything, (Clicked on
>> Phone,
>
>> Anyone have the same problem and any solutions.

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 3:39:10 AM

Yes, but do you have any trouble hearing the voice on the other end through
the built-in speaker?

>I did the same thing. I downloaded one file (not my favorite ) but it
>works great, very loud and I can hear it (important for a phone ringer to
>be able to be heard, at least I think so.) Now it truly is a great phone.
>
> If you find the site where I can download more (loud) ringers, I would
> really be appreciative. I am looking for a ringer sound, not some of the
> other wild sounds that are used. Thanks for your help.
>
> Bruce D. Brown
>
> "wowcow" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
>> YES, we all have the same problem but you have a phone you can copy ring
>> tones to for free. You can simply add louder ring tones!
>>
>> If you get out onto some of the various user groups throughout the
>> internet, you'll even find an identicle set of tones only louder than the
>> ones which came with the phone.
>>

>>> I just went into my local Verizon store and bought the new XV6600.
>>> Great phone, great screen, great feel, Keyboard and Pushed email (like
>>> BlackBerry). Do I seem excited???? I really was excited especially
>>> with the phone costing so very much. Well, they activated the phone and
>>> then tried to call me but we could not hear the ring tone (it was there,
>>> but so low that you could barely hear it.) We tried everything, (Clicked
>>> on Phone,
>>
>>> Anyone have the same problem and any solutions.

Anonymous
February 21, 2005 6:21:26 AM

Lorne,

Speakerphone volume is acceptable but not terrific. The earpiece built into
the phone is low but I can still hear it. Where I am having the most
problem is the ring tone which is totally not acceptable (very, very, low.)
I changed the midi file to a louder midifile and now it is acceptable but
not really loud. I called Audiovox and they acknowledged the problem. I
better check my receipt to find out the return policy because if there is
not a fix available within the 15 or 30 day period, this phone is going
back. Otherwise it is the greatest phone that I have ever had. Oh by the
way, Bluetooth and the corded earphone/mic that came with the unit provide
volume that is very loud and I even have to turn down the volume.

If anyone has a very loud ringer file (normal electronic telephone ringer,
nothing "wierd") please send me a copy.

Thanks

Bruce
news:o 4aSd.7356$VD5.2204@twister.socal.rr.com...