"Microsoft email - virus

Hello

Have just received & deleted two fairly authenic looking emails supposedly
from Microsoft but actually emails containing trojans/viruses - and detected
by
my anti-virus software (www.Vet.com.au). Both had attachments.

I know these are not new but thought I'd bring them to the attention of
anyone who may be
interested that they are still going around. The details are:-

1. Says it is from :Microsoft Technical Service" with a subject heading of
"Last Network Email System Critical Upgrade" & an attachment. Have viewed
the
body of the email without opening it, & it reads extremely authenically &
certainly looks like it is from MS.

2. Says it is from "MS Network Email System" with a subject heading of
"Failure Advice" & an attachment. Again the body of the email reads well -
refers to a virus
being the cause & says it caught & deleted it.

Thought that reporting these examples may be of some assistance to someone.

Please note:... the emails were deleted & just to be sure I ran a full virus
scan on my hard drives.
I also never open any attachment unless I am aware of the source & run a
virus checker over it etc.
In these cases I was also alerted by the fact that I do not subscribe to any
MS Network services.

Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://www.visitvictoria.com/
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft email virus

    ....except Microsoft never sends anything like that, so a quick delete is
    called for.
    HH

    "Echuca" <acuhce@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > Have just received & deleted two fairly authenic looking emails supposedly
    > from Microsoft but actually emails containing trojans/viruses - and
    > detected
    > by
    > my anti-virus software (www.Vet.com.au). Both had attachments.
    >
    > I know these are not new but thought I'd bring them to the attention of
    > anyone who may be
    > interested that they are still going around. The details are:-
    >
    > 1. Says it is from :Microsoft Technical Service" with a subject heading of
    > "Last Network Email System Critical Upgrade" & an attachment. Have viewed
    > the
    > body of the email without opening it, & it reads extremely authenically &
    > certainly looks like it is from MS.
    >
    > 2. Says it is from "MS Network Email System" with a subject heading of
    > "Failure Advice" & an attachment. Again the body of the email reads well -
    > refers to a virus
    > being the cause & says it caught & deleted it.
    >
    > Thought that reporting these examples may be of some assistance to
    > someone.
    >
    > Please note:... the emails were deleted & just to be sure I ran a full
    > virus
    > scan on my hard drives.
    > I also never open any attachment unless I am aware of the source & run a
    > virus checker over it etc.
    > In these cases I was also alerted by the fact that I do not subscribe to
    > any
    > MS Network services.
    >
    > Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    > http://www.visitvictoria.com/

Compaq Email Virus Microsoft Computers