BF3 Crash Problem

Last response: in Video Games
May 17, 2012 4:47:08 PM

My PC Specs -
4GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
Nvidia 450 GTS 1 GB GDDR3
Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit.

So whenever I start Battlefield 3 it crashes after a few minutes of play , campaign or multiplayer.
I know maaany people are having this problem and there is a workaround.
I increased my userva to 2.5GB and even 3GB and the game stopped crashing for a day then it started crashing again.
So what I want to ask is there a possibility that re-installing the game might fix the problem?
I have a very bad internet connection so i don't want to install BF3 and download 4.5GB if there are no chances of the problem being fixed.
So are there chances that this problem may get fixed by re-installing the game?
Also the game runs at about 45-50 FPS at ultra so it's not a requirement problem.

More about : bf3 crash problem

May 17, 2012 5:27:23 PM

45-50 FPS ultra???? on a 450 GTS??? I have a GTX 550ti and can't get that FPS on HIGH..............

Does battlelog give you a reason for the crash? or is it just game dead?
Score
May 18, 2012 9:06:45 AM

wr6133 said:
45-50 FPS ultra???? on a 450 GTS??? I have a GTX 550ti and can't get that FPS on HIGH..............

Does battlelog give you a reason for the crash? or is it just game dead?

What? That is impossible.
I started fraps and saw that I get average 37-38 fps on ultra not 50 I overestimated it.
But yet My PC is pretty okay to run BF3.
And when the game crashes it says Battlefield 3 has stopped working.
Close program / Search for a solution on the net.
So if I re-install it are there chances that the problem will be fixed?
Score
Related resources
May 18, 2012 9:12:25 AM

check your event logs and see why bf3 stopped and what app caused the crash.
Score
November 5, 2012 3:57:36 AM

hey I just bought bf3 a few days ago and i just bought a new computer. running a amd fx 8 core cpu, xfx 7870 2gb video card, asus 99x board, gskills 2x8gb 1600 ram, 128gb ssd, and corsair 600w psu. So I installed the game and I couldnt believe the graphics and what my computer could handle, but it was crashing like every 5 min. The screen freezes then i have to alt ctrl delete and go to task manager and close bf3. So I have been doing alot of research and tried alot of the so called fixes. At first I reinstalled windows and bf3 just to make sure i didnt have an issue there, still crashed. Then i under clocked my video card, still crashed. Did the command in CMD to tell bf3 to use more memory, still crashed. So finally I went back in bios and changed my ram from 1600 down to 1333, which it detects it at 1333 but the ram says it can handle 1600. Then when i booted windows again i went to my ATI catalyst and went to performance tab, and I didnt overclock the frequency but I moved the slider on the power from 0 to 15% and now my game seems to be working fine. have played the last hour with no freezes. O and also i disabled my anti virus AVG because it had pop ups and wasnt sure if that was part of the problem. So I dunno if that will fix it permanently but it is a huge improvement. HOPE THIS HELPS I will post tomorrow and let you know if its still crash free. Fingers crossed.
Score
November 5, 2012 8:02:43 AM

Ok guys sorry for the lateness for my reply but I got a 680 GTX and 16GB RAM and Intel i7
so far I get above 60 fps on ultra and no crashes.
Score
November 5, 2012 1:35:45 PM

well thats quite a step up from what you had...
after reading your description i can only surmise its was a requirements problem...
as the 450 can barley hand it on low never mind ultra.
Score

Best solution

November 5, 2012 2:57:24 PM

ZakX11 said:
My PC Specs -
4GB DDR3 RAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93 GHz
Nvidia 450 GTS 1 GB GDDR3
Win 7 Enterprise 32-bit.

So whenever I start Battlefield 3 it crashes after a few minutes of play , campaign or multiplayer.
I know maaany people are having this problem and there is a workaround.
I increased my userva to 2.5GB and even 3GB and the game stopped crashing for a day then it started crashing again.
So what I want to ask is there a possibility that re-installing the game might fix the problem?
I have a very bad internet connection so i don't want to install BF3 and download 4.5GB if there are no chances of the problem being fixed.
So are there chances that this problem may get fixed by re-installing the game?
Also the game runs at about 45-50 FPS at ultra so it's not a requirement problem.

well......
I got a solid fix for your problem...
Follow what i say...step by step..
1) install msi afterburner
2) open it and UNDER clok your core and memory frequencies both by 15-25 Hz
3)type services.msc in start menu search and turn OFF SSDP discovery.
4) run the game...
5) if the game runs fine its good and done....otherwise follow ahead..
6)further lower your gpu frequencies by 15 hz ...and keep doing it till you achieve stability and longer hours of gameplay.......
7) dont forget to turn off SSDP discovery everytime.....
Hope it'll help....(this advice has helped many though)
November 5, 2012 2:59:36 PM

now...as u've got yourself a new rig.....
Problem solved...
But what i said in my earlier post could have definitely helped....
My bad....!!
Score
November 5, 2012 3:38:53 PM

Best answer selected by ZakX11.
Score
November 5, 2012 3:39:23 PM

armageddon007 said:
now...as u've got yourself a new rig.....
Problem solved...
But what i said in my earlier post could have definitely helped....
My bad....!!

Your advice is very much appreciated!
Score
!