a new cooler, quick question

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Can somebody please direct me to a place where you buy all these fancy HSF?
Meanwhile, since I'm already taking some stuff out of newegg, which of these crappy HSF do you think is "less crappy"?
Cooler Master EP5-6i11 AMD Socket A Processor Fan with Heatsink, support upto 1.33MHz CPU, Retail Box Version

or

Thermaltake MINI SUPER ORB Heatsink + 2 Ball bearing Fans, for AMD socket A / 462, up to 1.5GHz. 65mm Dia. x 74mm. The dual fans design is to prevent overheat damage on any AMD CPUs. The DU0462-8

Thanks.

Sh!t Happens.

BuGaLoU

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2001
check out yahoo.com I got my swifttec mc370 from a merchant on there and they also had the mc462... You should be able to find ne cooler there, cept for the noise control silverado which is sold from germany I think. Not many re-sellers in the states of that one that I know of.

Computer: $2000 Internet Access: $40 Registering for forums: Free A good signature: Priceless

kanute

Distinguished
May 6, 2001
I'd reccomend the Vantec FCE-blah blah blah cooler. It is loud, but it does the same job as the FOP-38, and it's cheaper. Plus, it has the absolute best clip I've seen on any socket A cooler. No need to worry about crunching your chip with this one. It'll run from 15-25 bucks depending on the site.

funkdog

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2001
Yes, I'd have to say right now the OCZ Gladiator would be my front runner. Club Overclocker has it rated #2 right now and it's $30. Same results as the $80 Swiftech 462.

I myself am holding out for the next Alpha heatsink, wrote them and they responded by saying in about a month or so we should see the next evolution of Alpha Heatsinks. Of course I'm pro-Alpha so take it as you will.

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Nice Place. I have my eyes set at the one with the Delta fan for 34$. Is is copper? it says aluminum somewhere. Maybe that's the fan (I don't know how).
Is that a safe place to shop from? I don't like shopping from small companies on the web. (dangerousshoppingphobia)

Sh!t Happens.