Deskjet stopped printing red and yellow

my HP 832c, has worked fine with this computer, running Windows XP and another one, running Windows 98, for over 3 yrs. recently the color went bad, printed blue and black but no reds or yellows and then of course none of the compimentary colors, i.e. green orange brown etc. i figured the color cartridge was out of red and yellow, or bad, changed that, no help. removed and reinstalled the printer driver, no help. removed and air dusted the print cartridge contact points, no help. any other ideas before i go buy a new printer?

Thanks

If you hare a spare cable try switching that first.
www.coribright.com

"hangar65" <hangar65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> my HP 832c, has worked fine with this computer, running Windows XP and
> another one, running Windows 98, for over 3 yrs. recently the color went
> bad, printed blue and black but no reds or yellows and then of course none
> of the compimentary colors, i.e. green orange brown etc. i figured the
> color cartridge was out of red and yellow, or bad, changed that, no help.
> removed and reinstalled the printer driver, no help. removed and air
> dusted the print cartridge contact points, no help. any other ideas before
> i go buy a new printer?
>
> Thanks

tried switching cables, that didn't work, anything else?

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> If you hare a spare cable try switching that first.
> www.coribright.com
>
> "hangar65" <hangar65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > my HP 832c, has worked fine with this computer, running Windows XP and
> > another one, running Windows 98, for over 3 yrs. recently the color went
> > bad, printed blue and black but no reds or yellows and then of course none
> > of the compimentary colors, i.e. green orange brown etc. i figured the
> > color cartridge was out of red and yellow, or bad, changed that, no help.
> > removed and reinstalled the printer driver, no help. removed and air
> > dusted the print cartridge contact points, no help. any other ideas before
> > i go buy a new printer?
> >
> > Thanks

Presume you have already run several cleaning cycles.... you might try one
more uninstall and reinstall just to try again.
Cari