Word not printing > not spooling either.

Hi,

Box = XP Home. Office 97.

Many thanks to the people that have helped me in the past.

One last small problem. When I print from Word sometimes the print just disappears. I can see Word printing on the bottom of the Word window, the printer box is activated on the task bar, but the print just never appears to spool to the print queue. The file never gets printed! Even if I try to print several times, the same thing happens. The only thing I can do is reboot and pray.

This is an ad-hoc problem. The latest drivers have been installed. The printer is connected via parallel port. I do not intend to upgrade Word as 97 works just fine.

The machine has had a fresh build so no internal errors.

Any ideas?

If it's printing correctly from all other applications, then try a Repair
Installation of Microsoft Word as it seems it might be a Word issue, and not
one related to printers..
--
Cari
www.coribright.com