Printer - Unable to connect

I have an XP SP1 workstation on a 2003 Server domain. Both
machines are logged in as Administrator. Every morning the
printer status on the workstation says "Access denied -
unable to connect". I then have to delete the printer and
readd it, then the next day it will have the error message
again. I'm not sure what's causing it to lose this
setting. Please advise. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about printer unable connect

    Can the client still print even though the queue view states access denied.
    If it can then the Access Denied is really the Server machine that is denied
    access to the XP.
    There are a couple of settings that can cause this to occur.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162695
    SMSINST: "Access Denied" Error Message When You Try to Connect to a Shared
    Network Printer

    needs to be set to 1
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;246261
    How to Use the RestrictAnonymous Registry Value in Windows 2000

    If this only happens after the workstation is rebooted
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312055
    Cannot Use Network Printer If Your Password Is Not Saved

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    "Bryan Ricke" <bryanr@theisens.com> wrote in message
    > I have an XP SP1 workstation on a 2003 Server domain. Both
    > machines are logged in as Administrator. Every morning the
    > printer status on the workstation says "Access denied -
    > unable to connect". I then have to delete the printer and
    > readd it, then the next day it will have the error message
    > again. I'm not sure what's causing it to lose this
    > setting. Please advise. Thanks.

Connection Workstations Printers Windows XP