All in one device scanner not working.

I have a Lexmark x73 which will not scan or copy. The error message is Scanner couldn't be enabled. I have reinstalled the drivers with no success. I have contacted lexmark and they tell me that I need something called usb.mtf. Can anybody tell me where I can find this and what to do with it. The phone call to Lexmark was rerouted through India and i had difficulty understanding what was being said. The printer works perfectly from the computer. Thanks

It must be a part of the Lexmark driver set as the only three files just
called USB on my system are USB.gif, USB.inf and USB.pnf...... I do have
printers and scanners, but none are multifunction units - and none are
Lexmark units.

My brain is thinking along the lines of MTF = MuLtiFunction, but since I
have no all in one units, I can go no further. I have no files with MTF
extensions anywhere on my PCs.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"su1" <su1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Lexmark x73 which will not scan or copy. The error message is
>Scanner couldn't be enabled. I have reinstalled the drivers with no
>success. I have contacted lexmark and they tell me that I need something
>called usb.mtf. Can anybody tell me where I can find this and what to do
>with it. The phone call to Lexmark was rerouted through India and i had
>difficulty understanding what was being said. The printer works perfectly
>from the computer. Thanks

This is a known issue with your device. Follow this link to find out more
about the problem:
http://support.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/knowledgebase.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:94:0:0&framed=&docid=ENUS6247&relevance=1

Lexmark has provided a cleaner that will completely remove the driver, then
you should be able to reinstall and get the device working again:
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:94:0:0&emeaframe=&searchMethod=StandardSearch&category=Utility

--
Tom Aaron

purposes only.