XP Fax does not work with DSL

After installing XP(H) fax sent & received messages until
conversion to DSL. Now only arrival of fax registers.
3 answers Last reply
More about work

    Do you still have a fax/modem installed in your computer? Is it still
    attached to a phone line? If so, you can set it up to send and receive faxes
    as before.

    Let us know.

    Tom
    MSMVP-DTS

    pfoster wrote:
    > After installing XP(H) fax sent & received messages until
    > conversion to DSL. Now only arrival of fax registers.

    So, if I understand you correctly, you're telling me that you can receive
    faxes with DSL, but not send?!

    I'e had similar problems. I was using my fax and DSL on
    the same line for four years and then updated to Windows
    XP. I can send, but sometimes cannot receive. Someone
    told me that DSL digital frequency fluctuates into the
    same frequency as the fax. I was told to get another fax
    filter, to buy a better modem, to run a separate line
    from the master phone box, that you cannot use DSL and
    fax on the same phone line, and a host of other things by
    numerous "experts". I serious believe no one knows an
    answer.

    I know that doesn't help, but misery loves company, right?

Fax DSL Windows XP