XP & Xerox Work Centre XK35c

June 28, 2004 9:49:44 PM

I recently upgraded to Win XP from 98. I've tried to
hook up my Xerox Work Centre XK35c printer, by
downloading the Xerox drivers, but no luck. I'm getting
a Spooler Subsystem App error too. Can anyone help? Or
is it time to get a new printer?

Thanks Mary
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 6:49:17 PM

No, the problem was originally caused by your keeping the printer connected
during the upgrade.

Disconnect the printer from the PC and completely uninstall each and every
driver as per Bruce Sanderson's instructions at:

Pay particular attention to steps 14 through 16 since you are dealing with a
MultiFunction unit.

If after cleanup, reboot and reinstallation, you are STILL getting the
Spooler Subsystem error then see the KB article at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324757

The new drivers can be found at:
http://www.support.xerox.com/go/results.asp?prodID=XK35...
--