Print preferences not following default settings? help

June 29, 2004 5:31:59 AM

Dear users

I have had siginificant problems with a networked Printer Driver for
the LexMark printers and WinXp.

the problem is when I try to print in any program, Msword, Excel or
even from IE, the printer preferences are not correct ( the way I want
it to be - it is set to print 2 pages on 1 sheet ).

So I go to Printers menu in the Start panel, and go to Printers and
Faxes in the control panel to make the change there; hoping all
programs will pick the new changes I made.

But when I go back to a program to print, it doesn't use the
preferences i have changed.

This is a problem, b/c everytime I want to print, I have to change the
preferences for each file/item to print.

I have tried uninstalling the printer drivers and reinstalling.
this problem doesnt happen with other networked printers on the
network.

Thanks for any comments/help
Mike
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 6:42:39 PM

Unless Lexmark has a special setting, the default is always going to be one
page per sheet and you must specify your particular like/dislike in the Page
Setup of the application you wish to print from, NOT from the printer
preferences.

Change the Page Setup in each application to your preferences and save as a
template for future use.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Michael" <mng888@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D d75c169.0406290031.7f04cb3@posting.google.com...
> Dear users
>
> I have had siginificant problems with a networked Printer Driver for
> the LexMark printers and WinXp.
>
> the problem is when I try to print in any program, Msword, Excel or
> even from IE, the printer preferences are not correct ( the way I want
> it to be - it is set to print 2 pages on 1 sheet ).
>
> So I go to Printers menu in the Start panel, and go to Printers and
> Faxes in the control panel to make the change there; hoping all
> programs will pick the new changes I made.
>
> But when I go back to a program to print, it doesn't use the
> preferences i have changed.
>
> This is a problem, b/c everytime I want to print, I have to change the
> preferences for each file/item to print.
>
> I have tried uninstalling the printer drivers and reinstalling.
> this problem doesnt happen with other networked printers on the
> network.
>
> Thanks for any comments/help
> Mike
July 1, 2004 9:05:12 AM

Cari

Thank you for this information. I guess this hasn't happened on any
other computers in the network, and not this printer. I certainly
think I have corrupted printer preferences ( stored on the computer,
not from the printer. )

The actual dislike that I am trying to change with the LexMark printer
is the that is prints 2 pages on the A4. This comes as a set
preference even when I reinstall the driver. I personally think that
despite uninstalling the driver from the computer, it retains the
preferences/same dislike and when i reinstall, it uses those old
settings. Part and parcel I guess of windows ( making life easy )

thank you
Mike

!