I know that vendors tend to pay different amounts for items.

Has anyone determined which vendor(s) tend to pay the highest for weapons
and armor?

-hows that for a vague question-

Fleabus

EQ2 VENDOR QUESTION.

woops my bad.

> "Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in message
>>I know that vendors tend to pay different amounts for items.
>>
>> Has anyone determined which vendor(s) tend to pay the highest for
>> weapons and armor?
>>
>> -hows that for a vague question-
>
> EQ2 VENDOR QUESTION.
>
> woops my bad.

Was that for you toppost, or the lack of EQ2 in the header?

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 26 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 14 Gnome Brawler, 27 Provisioner

> >I know that vendors tend to pay different amounts for items.
> >
> > Has anyone determined which vendor(s) tend to pay the highest for
weapons
> > and armor?
> >
> > -hows that for a vague question-

You're hometown merchant pays more for items than merchants in other towns.

I think it goes for the little things like meat etc too
..

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:55:58 GMT, Pamela Carlton wrote:

>You're hometown merchant pays more for items than merchants in other towns.

It's not that simple. Merchants standing right next to each other in your
home town may pay differently. Generally, merchants in the wilderness zones
pay less, but I don't know if they always do.

As far as I can tell, if a merchant pays well for one item, he/she will pay
well for any item. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

>I think it goes for the little things like meat etc too

It does.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

Henrik Dissing <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in

> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 22:55:58 GMT, Pamela Carlton wrote:
>
>>You're hometown merchant pays more for items than merchants in other
>>towns.
>
> It's not that simple. Merchants standing right next to each other in
> your home town may pay differently. Generally, merchants in the
> wilderness zones pay less, but I don't know if they always do.
>
> As far as I can tell, if a merchant pays well for one item, he/she
> will pay well for any item. Can anybody confirm or deny this?

That's been my experience.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

Saranas wrote:
> >> As far as I can tell, if a merchant pays well for one item, he/she
> >> will pay well for any item. Can anybody confirm or deny this?
> >
> > That's been my experience.
> >
> > --
> > Rumble
> > "Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."
> > -- Benjamin Franklin
>

> It is badsed on faction and chrisma

It's based on your faction with the merchant, your charisma, and the
greed factor of the merchant.

The better your faction, the better the prices.
The better your charisma, the better the prices.
The higher the merchant greed factor, the worse the prices for a given
faction and charisma.

There's two kinds of greed factors: inate greed and usage greed.

Inate greed is where some merchants have a permantly applied greed
factor where they always give worse prices than other merchants for
your given faction and charisma. There's a jewelry vendor in WC that
is like this. She always has worse prices than you would get at
another merchant who views you with the same faction.

Usage greed is the change in a merchant prices as people buy and sell
merchandise. If people are selling a lot more than they are buying,
the prices will get worse. If people start buying more, then the
prices get better. However, the prices will never go below a floor
price no matter how much is bought. Back in the days when the Kelethin
bank was packed, the merchant outside was like this. People sold so
much to him and bought so little that his greed factor was high.

I don't remember the formula exactly for usage greed, but someone once
figured it out. It was something like this: The lowest greed is 0.
For every x items a merchant buys, the greed factor goes up by g1. For
every y items a merchant sells, the greed factor goes down by g2. I
don't remember the exact numbers, but the greed factor goes up much
more slowly than it goes down. That means that you can lower the greed
factor a lot easier than you can raise it.

To reset the usage greed factor for a merchant, you'll need to buy
about 40 items. If you buy stackable items *BUY THE ITEMS
INDIVIDUALLY*!!! Don't buy 2 stacks of 20. Buy 40 items
one-at-a-time. A merchant considers selling a stack of 20 things as a
single item. This is easiest if the merchant sells something cheap
like bread. Buy 40 individual items. If you don't need the items,
sell them back as stacks. This will translate into 40 buys and 2
sells. That will usually reset the greed factor to 0. The merchant
prices you see are set when you open the merchant, so to see the new
prices, exit the merchant and re-open him and you should see better
prices.

ihatespam@kudos.00server.com wrote in news:1110562733.468462.158540
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

>> > That's been my experience.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Rumble
>> > "Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing." --
>> > Benjamin Franklin
>>

>> It is badsed on faction and chrisma
>
> It's based on your faction with the merchant, your charisma, and the
> greed factor of the merchant.
>
> The better your faction, the better the prices.
> The better your charisma, the better the prices.
> The higher the merchant greed factor, the worse the prices for a given
> faction and charisma.
>
> There's two kinds of greed factors: inate greed and usage greed.
>
> Inate greed is where some merchants have a permantly applied greed
> factor where they always give worse prices than other merchants for
> your given faction and charisma. There's a jewelry vendor in WC that
> is like this. She always has worse prices than you would get at
> another merchant who views you with the same faction.
>
> Usage greed is the change in a merchant prices as people buy and sell
> merchandise. If people are selling a lot more than they are buying,
> the prices will get worse. If people start buying more, then the
> prices get better. However, the prices will never go below a floor
> price no matter how much is bought. Back in the days when the Kelethin
> bank was packed, the merchant outside was like this. People sold so
> much to him and bought so little that his greed factor was high.
>
> I don't remember the formula exactly for usage greed, but someone once
> figured it out. It was something like this: The lowest greed is 0.
> For every x items a merchant buys, the greed factor goes up by g1. For
> every y items a merchant sells, the greed factor goes down by g2. I
> don't remember the exact numbers, but the greed factor goes up much
> more slowly than it goes down. That means that you can lower the greed
> factor a lot easier than you can raise it.
>
> To reset the usage greed factor for a merchant, you'll need to buy
> about 40 items. If you buy stackable items *BUY THE ITEMS
> INDIVIDUALLY*!!! Don't buy 2 stacks of 20. Buy 40 items
> one-at-a-time. A merchant considers selling a stack of 20 things as a
> single item. This is easiest if the merchant sells something cheap
> like bread. Buy 40 individual items. If you don't need the items,
> sell them back as stacks. This will translate into 40 buys and 2
> sells. That will usually reset the greed factor to 0. The merchant
> prices you see are set when you open the merchant, so to see the new
> prices, exit the merchant and re-open him and you should see better
> prices.

Sounds like the EQ1 implementation, his question was regarding EQ2, as he
clarified in a followup post. Would not surprise me if it is a similar
implemantation however.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 27 Dwarven Mystic, 23 Sage
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 29 Provisioner

"Saranas" <JSTEPHENSON44@cinci.rr.com> wrote in news:ZTjYd.899$VV6.235
@fe1.columbus.rr.com:

> "Rumbledor" <Rumbledor@hotspamsuxmail.com> wrote in message
>> Henrik Dissing <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in

>>> It's not that simple. Merchants standing right next to each other in
>>> your home town may pay differently. Generally, merchants in the
>>> wilderness zones pay less, but I don't know if they always do.
>>>
>>> As far as I can tell, if a merchant pays well for one item, he/she
>>> will pay well for any item. Can anybody confirm or deny this?
>>
>> That's been my experience.
>>
>> --
>> Rumble
>> "Write something worth reading, or do something worth writing."
>> -- Benjamin Franklin
>

> It is badsed on faction and chrisma

I should clarify that I'm referring to EQ2. As far as I can tell there is
no charisma stat.

Though I've not tested very thoroughly at all, I do know that even in your
home town, merchants right next to each other can offer different prices.

I've really only noticed two price levels. I generally shop around until I
see a difference between the high and low prices offered and opt for the
high. That may not be a very reliable test, but it seems to me I don't
really remember seeing more than two different prices for some specific
items no matter how many merchants I check.

--
Rumble
-- Benjamin Franklin

On 11 Mar 2005 18:03:19 GMT, Graeme Faelban
<RichardRapier@netscape.net> wrote:
<snip greed explanation>
>Sounds like the EQ1 implementation, his question was regarding EQ2, as he
>clarified in a followup post. Would not surprise me if it is a similar
>implemantation however.

I actually didn't know EQ1 adjusted prices based on how much was
bought/sold. I guess I never payed close enough attention. You think
you know a game...